Content Manager, Internal Communications
Arlington, Virginia, USA
Worldwide Office in Arlington, VA preferred but flexible
A LITTLE ABOUT US
Founded in 1951, the Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. We are tackling climate change, and conserving lands, waters and oceans at unprecedented scale. Working in 79 countries and territories, including all 50 United States, our vision is a world where the diversity of life thrives, and people act to conserve nature for its own sake and its ability to fulfill our needs and enrich our lives.
While our vision is global, our commitment is local; we build solutions together with communities, governments and businesses on the issues unfolding right in their backyards. At the heart of this work are relationships, and they are guided by a respect for all people, honor for communities and culture, and an unwavering commitment to diversity. To learn more, visit www.nature.org or follow @nature_press on Twitter.
YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
As TNC transforms its conservation goals to serve a changing world, it has never been more important for us to connect, guide, inspire and recognize our colleagues who are working hard to save the planet. Our Internal Communications team is growing to meet this need by hiring a Content Manager to produce and coordinate multimedia communications for an audience of 4000 staff worldwide. This position reports to the Director, Internal Communications, in the Global Marketing and Communications Division.
The Content Manager will support internal communications priorities such as content creation about conservation, science, TNC’s core values, diversity and more.The role works with senior leaders across TNC to get important information out to staff in a timely manner, ensuring that messages are consistent and promoted across all internal channels. The Content Manager is the go-to person on the Internal Communications team for colleagues seeking guidance on how to maximize their internal outreach, working closely with field and Worldwide Office staff. The Content Manager can see the big picture while keeping track of the details and can make complex information relatable, understandable and inspiring.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
- Produce, edit and coordinate multimedia content across all channels including TNC’s Intranet, social media platform, live virtual events, and all-staff email and e-newsletter. Types of content includes blogs, short videos, live virtual events, social media posts, all-staff emails, all-staff newsletter, presentations and Intranet sites.
- Manage the Internal Communications team’s editorial calendar and live virtual event schedule.
- Serve as assistant editor of TNC’s Intranet home page and all-staff newsletter.
- Provide coaching, writing support, event production and talking points to leaders serving as spokesperson(s) in internal channels.
- Ensure that our core values and diverse voices are represented in all internal communications channels from our all-staff emails to our Intranet, internal social media and live staff events.
- Help staff with telling their stories in internal channels.
- Design and execute creative ways to recognize staff in internal channels.
- Support the Director, Internal Communications, with select administrative tasks and team culture-building activities.
- Coordinate permissions requests for all-staff emails.
- Distribute Worldwide Office event information and communications.
- Monitor Staff News inbox.
- Manage the Internal Communications Intranet site, news archive and video database.
- Work across a wide spectrum of constituencies and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Develop messaging and communications that are tailored to the audience and written in simple to understand, relatable and authentic way.
- Continuously challenge the messaging and channels to keep content fresh.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and 5 years’ related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience implementing and measuring communications plans.
- Experience writing, editing and proofreading.
- Experience organizing and coordinating multiple projects.
- Experience with content creation across multiple channels and formats.
- Experience cultivating and managing internal client/customer relationships.
- The strongest candidates will also bring one or more of the following:
- Multi-lingual skills, or multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience.
- Knowledge of current and evolving trends in marketing, strategic communications or internal communications.
- Strong visual communications skills (social media graphics, video, presentations).
- Ability to work in a team-based environment with internal and external partners.
- Excellent writing, presentation, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to conceive and write creatively for various audiences from technical information.
- Experience in rapid response communications.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Relevant technology skills required to prepare presentations and analyze data to construct reports.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to position number 49577, submit resume (required) and cover letter separately using the upload buttons. Applications will be reviewed in the order they’re received and the position will remain open until filled.
Click “submit” to apply for the position or “save for later” to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited. Failure to complete required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Job posted: 2021-03-26