Content Marketing Manager
Mercato is marketplace empowering independent grocers – a $131B annual category in the US – to finally have an online presence. Their platform gives merchants access to a nationwide delivery network, marketing tools, customer analytics, and customer membership programs, while customers can access to their favorite stores and incentives / offers that are otherwise unavailable.
Mercato was founded in 2015, inspired by experiences Bobby Brannigan had growing up working at his family’s independent grocery store in New York. He realized first-hand that the 40,000+ independent grocery stores in the US lacked the technology and infrastructure to keep up with the modern demands of consumers driven by e-commerce experiences.
Today, Mercato has acquired hundreds of thousands of customers as well as thousands of merchants (two-sided marketplace), all while maintaining an NPS score of 70+ (benchmark for grocery is 39). This is the 2nd marketplace built by Bobby Brannigan, who previously founded ValoreBooks while in college (2002), which reached $100M in sales, and was acquired by SimpleTuition in 2012.
About the Role
As our content marketing manager, you will spearhead the development and implementation of Mercato’s content strategy. This includes building a content calendar, creating a writing process and delivery strategy, managing writers/designers, contributing to social media posts, and ultimately, crafting interesting and well-researched content that drives traffic and engages site visitors.
- Plan, produce and execute integrated content campaigns across all owned marketing channels (primarily SEO and social) that drives awareness, traffic to Mercato (organic, direct and referral) and backlinks.
- Leverage industry research that will support your content strategy.
- Run qualitative and quantitative research when necessary.
- Write stories in a variety of formats (long-form, infographics, blogs, whitepapers, guides, etc.) that capture the attention of our target audience.
- Manage a team of external writers and designers.
- Partner with our product, customer success, sales, and design team to find and develop our best stories and turn them into engaging pieces of content.
- Oversee the creation of content by developing a scalable approach to drive speed, innovation, and iteration.
- Serve as main editorial POC owner writing customer case studies, industry briefs, white papers, and other long-form assets.
- Create partnerships with co-marketing and tech partners to develop campaigns and drive awareness to Mercato.
- Discover the core value of our market-leading products, and initiate compelling, creative content marketing campaigns.
- Ensure brand consistency in style, quality, and tone of voice.
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience managing content marketing campaigns.
- Proven success of storytelling with the challenge of taking initiative from concept through to production.
- Experience taking initiative on content marketing programs in a way that inspires and educates our target audiences
- Possess an editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to connect with them
- Experienced with online community building.
- Data-driven and highly analytical.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
About Our Benefits
- Competitive salary + commission
- Stock options
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Open Vacation Policy; paid holidays
- Get in on the ground floor and shape the strategic direction of the company
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- Consistent & fair leadership: we are transparent and set clear goals
- Upbeat work environment at a company with a huge vision
- Free grocery delivery & office lunches!
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-08