Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Content Senior Associate– Legal, Economic, and Regulatory Affairs (LERA)
GLG’s Events Content Team is seeking a content Senior Associate to create and curate in-person and virtual meetings for our clients with experts on global and domestic macroeconomic, legal, regulatory, and political topics. This role requires a passion for politics, foreign affairs, economics, and legal issues; an interest in identifying and researching compelling market trends; and developing relationships with investor and consulting clients, former government officials, economists, and thought leaders.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Manage and contribute to editorial development and content strategy
- Demonstrate sound editorial judgment, including selecting event topics and speakers and curating conversations that clients find relevant and compelling
- Develop the editorial calendar for GLG’s three primary event products: in-person breakfasts and lunches (roundtables), virtual (webcasts/teleconferences), and 1×1 meetings (visits)
- Collaborate closely with client service and business development to ensure high-value product helps to drive commercial growth at GLG’s key accounts
- Execute GLG’s user-focused event strategy and vision, building our live and virtual meeting calendar, and ensuring all events meet GLG’s quality standards
- Interview experts on global and domestic macroeconomic, legal, regulatory, and political topics, in both live and virtual settings
- Cultivate communities of like-minded client event users around common areas of interest, and teach others to do the same
- Mentor junior talent to become strong content creators and curators, helping them to understand the investor mindset and apply that to generating successful events
An ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- At least 3 years of experience in government, law, international affairs, journalism, investment management, or a related field
- Passion for news, news magazine content, and ability to identify credible, contrarian viewpoints
- Aptitude for developing an editorial view on which content themes are driving investors, and the best possible experts to address those themes
- Client service and relationship management skills
- Interest in participating in a high- feedback culture, including giving and receiving feedback
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to collaborate across teams, exert influence and work within an organization
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and be adaptable
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of approximately 1 million experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-07-10