Content Strategy Manager
About Young Invincibles:
Young Invincibles (“YI”) is a non-profit, non-partisan advocacy organization working to expand economic opportunity for young people ages 18 to 34 and to amplify their voices in the national political conversation and policy arena. Founded by and for young adults in the summer of 2009 during the debate over health care reform, YI has quickly grown into a leading voice for young people on the issues of healthcare, higher education, pathways to jobs/workforce and civic engagement. The organization has achieved major successes in areas ranging from the regulation of college health plans to Pell grants and has successfully engaged hundreds of thousands of young adults online through a network of over 100 partner organizations. Our regional offices (California, Colorado, Illinois, New York, and Texas) have increased grant aid for low-income college students, expanded funding for community colleges, and ensured undocumented students can access in-state tuition.
Young Invincibles (YI), the national research and advocacy group working to advance economic opportunity for young adults, seeks a Content Strategy Manager to spearhead content strategy across issue areas and campaigns. This position will support the Communications team in writing, editing, and producing digital content for YI’s online properties and social media platforms. In particular, this position will increase our capacity to create compelling consumer education content to help young adults navigate difficult subjects like understanding health coverage, managing student loans, and exploring different career pathways.
This is a new position that reflects the organizational strategy identified in YI’s three-year strategic roadmap, and its focus on expanding, deepening and modernizing the organization’s consumer education work and ability to connect with more young people online via content. A deep personal commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion is critical to a person’s success of this role, and candidates should be able to articulate how that understanding would shape his/her/their approach to this work.
This position reports to the Deputy Digital Director.
- Develop content strategy for a range of YI issue areas – with a focus on the creation of a new stream of consumer education content for online distribution
- Write, edit, and produce multimedia content including blog posts, videos, infographics, fact sheets, presentations, and other materials
- Ensure content is factually accurate as well as easy for young adult audiences online to understand
- Create and manage a content calendar – coordinating with other digital and comms staff
- Consult on a distribution strategy for any materials produced
- Lead digital team in analyzing the performance of content (Google Analytics, digital ads, social media analytics, and other data streams) to evaluate current content and identify areas of growth and further optimization of online content
- Assist the engagement team in producing training materials for workshops
- Support the communications team in other areas as needed
- All candidates should have at least 2-5 years of experience in content creation, writing, or other communications work
- Excellent writing and editing skills suited to a wide variety of platforms
- The ability to translate complex topics into easily approachable content
- Strong skills in one or more of the following areas: graphic design, video production, and/or digital advertising and marketing
- An interest in the issues affecting young adults, an appreciation for diversity, and comfort with communicating with a wide variety of young adults across multiple platforms
Competitive salary based on relative experience. YI will provide salary information to applicants invited for the first round of interviews. Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, & vision coverage, company funded HRA plan; 401K retirement, life insurance, generous vacation, etc.
How to Apply:
To apply, please complete the job application on the Young Invincibles job page.
Applicants will need to provide the following documents and information through the online portal.
- Cover letter to the attention of Aylia Naqvi, Director of Human Resources and Operations, explaining how your qualifications match the needs of the position and your interest in Young Invincibles.
- Current Resume
- Any salary requirement
- Two to three samples of your work, including any multimedia examples if you have them
- Two references, including at least one former supervisor. (YI will not contact references without first checking with the applicant.)
Young Invincibles is an equal employment opportunity employer and strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply. YI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, medical condition including genetic characteristics, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, (including transgender status), weight, height, linguistic characteristics (such as accent and limited English proficiency, where not substantially job-related), citizenship status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job posted: 2019-11-25