At Social Driver, our mantra is simple: the future is bright, all progress is social, and drivers make history. As one of the fastest growing digital agencies in the US, we partner with legendary brands, inspirational nonprofits and industry associations to launch game-changing websites and social media campaigns to reach customers in a whole new way.
Our team is a cross-functional group of experienced web developers, designers, and social media managers.
This job is based in our lovely downtown Washington, DC office.
This writer position is great for someone who loves social media and is immersed in Internet culture.
- You will learn how to use the client’s voice, tone, and vocabulary to create posts, graphics, etc. for editorial calendars.
- You will have the opportunity to work closely with community managers and learn to use analytics to inform your copy.
- You will be writing and executing editorial content calendars.
- You will be working with designers and strategists to execute campaigns.
- You will experience working with micro-campaigns and retainer accounts.
- You will have the opportunity to pitch creative ideas during brainstorming sessions.
- After learning about our social media ‘Traffic Light’ framework, you will learn how to identify and execute a client’s brand voice and tone.
- You will support the implementation of social media strategies to increase web traffic, call to actions, awareness campaigns, relationship building, and more.
- You will write and proofread blog posts and emails as needed.
- You will gain experience live-Tweeting.
- Experience with Sprout Social, TweetDeck, Hootsuite or Gain is a plus.
- Excellent copywriting, written, verbal, presentation and communication skills.
- Perfect spelling and grammar skills.
- Technical knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, metrics and tracking.
- Ability to handle the pressure of meeting tight deadlines.
- Experience as a copywriter or social media coordinator preferred.
- Must have a creative spirit and understand how to write in different voices.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, PR, Communications, or related field.
- Positive attitude, detail and client oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability.
How to Apply:
Please apply online with your resume, and a cover letter that outlines how you would be a great fit for the position. If you do not submit a cover letter your application will not be considered.
Job posted: 2018-12-04