The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
CHAI’s Communications team works across the organization to share information and deliver key messages to a wide array of internal and external audiences, including staff, partners, the media, and the public.
The Communications team is seeking a Coordinator to assist with writing, editing, social media, web posting, and other needed tasks. This role will work directly with CHAI’s Communications Director and Digital Communications Manager to carry out CHAI’s communications strategy. The applicant should be well-versed in digital communications platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and others and should have strong writing and editing skills and the ability to translate complex ideas to multiple audiences. Strong photography skills are a plus.
- Support CHAI’s communications team to carry out communications strategy;
- Write and edit materials including blog posts, annual reports, press releases and any other communications products to support the organization;
- Support the Digital Communications Manager with CHAI social media and digital accounts including the website, blog, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Flickr;
- Support teams with photography needs and manage CHAI’s photography archive;
- Added responsibilities such as media relations will evolve and develop to meet the communication needs of the organization;
- Additional responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field such as communications, journalism, or public relations;
- 1-3 years of professional experience;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines;
- Experience in working, or ability to work, in a fast-paced, quick-turnaround environment;
- Ability to ghostwrite blog posts, social media posts, or other materials in another person’s or the organization’s voice;
- Strong writing skills, including the ability to synthesize and translate complex issues;
- Strong relationship builder, with an ability and experience in fostering relationships with multiple staff on other teams;
- Willingness and aptitude for quickly learning new skills and processes;
- Strong written communications skills and ability to develop key messages for a variety of audiences;
- Ability to work collaboratively and think proactively;
- Experience with photography;
- Willingness to travel.
- Applicants should be well-versed in social media tools including Twitter, Facebook, and Google Analytics;
- Experience with HTML or website management
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-07-23