Coordinator, Digital Media
POSITION SUMMARY: The Coordinator, Digital Media provides strategy direction and execution for all National Health Council social/digital media activities while supporting the organization in other communications functions.
REPORTS TO: Assistant Vice President of Marketing & Communications
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: Collaborates with all NHC staff and interacts with members at all levels.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop NHC social media strategy, using paid and organic tactics, with oversight from the AVP, Marketing & Communications.
- Daily management and execution of digital strategy including content creation, influencer engagement, live social engagement at events, and member message amplification.
- Develop social media and other promotion materials to help engage and attract member and funder prospects.
- Track all digital engagement and social media analytics; prepare monthly and quarterly reports.
- Manage NHC website including content development and publishing; prepare monthly and quarterly analytics reports.
- Manage and execute multiple electronic newsletters including layout, design, writing, and editing.
- Draft blogs, email marketing, website content, videos, and other communications materials.
- Assist AVP, Marketing & Communications with execution of NHC Brand Ambassador program.
- Assist AVP, Marketing & Communications in the development of materials for marketing and communications meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills with a keen attention to detail
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office and WordPress; experience with Microsoft CRM and Click Dimensions preferred
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Self-motivated and ability to work proactively and independently when necessary
- Ability to troubleshoot and work well under pressure
- Work experience in an office environment is a plus, especially a non-profit organization
- At least two years of experience in digital media, including social media and website management
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, or a related field.
Salary Range: Starting salary ranges between $55,000 – $60,000 commensurate with experience.
LOCATION: This position is located in Washington, DC. The National Health Council supports a hybrid workplace. Employees must be able and willing to work on site at least three days per week.
Applicants should submit the following items to NHCPositions@nhcouncil.org with the subject “Coordinator, Digital Media.”
- Cover letter describing the applicant’s background in social media and communications
- Samples of previous work or portfolio link
- List of three references, with name, title, organization, email address and telephone number
Job posted: 2021-11-06