Coordinator of Government Affairs
The American Land Title Association, a non-partisan, national trade association representing the land title and real estate settlement industry, is excited to find a government relations professional to support the Association’s policy and advocacy work. The position assists the Government Affairs team with the political engagement of ALTA’s membership, on a host of advocacy issues, and on special projects as needed. The ideal candidate is a team-oriented, outgoing, self-starting individual with an affinity for laughter, a desire to work with a close-knit team, and for an organization with a strong and positive culture. A dynamic contributor with the ability to analyze and address spontaneous issues as they arise in a fast-paced environment would thrive in this quality-driven role.
- Support education and communication efforts to Congress, and with ALTA members and industry partners, on public policy issues impacting the title insurance industry by drafting applicable talking points, one-pagers, letters, and other collateral
- Collaborate with colleagues, consultants, and industry leaders on execution of legislative and regulatory advocacy priorities and grassroots development and activation
- Assist with ongoing management of several Association standing committees, including maintenance of rosters, scheduling of meetings, and dissemination of agendas and supporting materials
- Assist with the oversight and operations of the Title Insurance Political Action Committee (TIPAC), Title Action Network (TAN), and the Congressional Liaison program, which form the grassroots arm of the title industry, by providing data entry, event management and logistics, and other duties, as assigned
- Help with the planning and execution of ALTA’s Advocacy Summit, our largest annual fly-in to Washington, DC, along with other engagement exercises
- Staff ALTA’s major conferences to promote membership involvement in the Association’s advocacy efforts
- Assist with research, data analysis, and other special projects, as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 2 years experience working in policy analysis and development, politics, or with an advocacy-focused organization
- Policy research and data analysis abilities
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong organizational and time management abilities, attention to detail
- Capitol Hill, state legislative, or political campaign experience preferred
- Exposure to public policy issues impacting the housing, real estate finance, and financial services industry broadly, including privacy, data security, housing finance, and the use of digital technology in transactions is a plus
- Background check required
- Medical coverage offered
- Dental coverage offered
- Vision coverage offered
- Retirement planning with a 401(k) program offered after 6 months, employer matching contributions available up to 5%
- On-site fitness facility (no gym fee) with the option to purchase group fitness classes or contract with a personal trainer
- Complimentary office refreshments include drip-style coffees, huge selection of teas, sodas, and flavored sparking water
- Company membership within ASAE (American Society of Association Executives) to encourage employees’ professional development and regional networking
- …and more!
Salary: Commensurate with experience
How to Apply:
Click here to complete the application online via Paylocity.
No phone calls please. Applicants may be asked to complete an AcuMax Index pre-hiring assessment (5 minute survey) in addition to submitting a resume and cover letter.
The American Land Title Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job posted: 2020-09-18