Coordinator, Government Affairs
The National Association of Chemical Distributors (NACD), established in 1971, is an international association of chemical distributors and their supply-chain partners. Member companies process, formulate, blend, re-package, warehouse, transport, and market chemical products for over 750,000 customers.
The chemical distribution industry that NACD represents is a major economic engine, employing over 70,000 people and generating $5.14 billion in tax revenue for local communities across the country, all while delivering valuable products to every industry sector.
The Coordinator, Government Affairs will be responsible for NACD’s grassroots advocacy and political action programs, including assisting on the annual Washington Fly-In. This position will also handle weekly newsletter development, research and writing issue papers as well as certain administrative tasks.
The Coordinator, Government Affairs reports to senior members of the Government Affairs Department and serves as staff liaison to the Government Advocacy and Regulatory Affairs Committees.
- Plans and organizes, with assistance from the Government Affairs team, the annual NACD Washington Fly-In
- Assists with NACD Responsible Distribution PAC development and activities
- Develops content for NACD’s advocacy Web site under development
- Writes articles for NACD publications
- Develops Power Point presentations for NACD meetings and Webinars
- Works with the Membership and Marketing Department to develop NACD content for NACD’s advocacy web site, social media and materials
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Team player who supports co-workers
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years relevant experience working with government relations functions
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and follow through abilities
- Ability to learn complex legislative issues
- Proficiency in Microsoft software applications
Total compensation for this position is market-driven and includes direct salary and comprehensive employee benefits. Qualified, interested candidates should forward a cover letter, resume, salary requirements and business writing sample to email@example.com with “Coordinator” in the subject line.
Job posted: 2018-11-21