Coordinator, Industry Communications
The U.S. Travel Association is a dynamic, mission-driven association committed to increasing travel to and within the United States. U.S. Travel offers excellent benefits and a friendly, supportive environment where individual contributions are highly valued and the collective goals of 1,100-plus member organizations are advanced. U.S. Travel seeks staff who are committed to creating excellent work and contributing to a positive workplace culture. The office is conveniently located near Metro Center in downtown Washington, D.C.
U.S. Travel is actively seeking candidates for a Coordinator, Industry Communications opening. This position is responsible for supporting the Marketing & Industry Communications team, primarily in message distribution to multiple audience segments across multiple platforms, in addition to general support across team functions. U.S. Travel Association is a winner of multiple “Best of” awards for its communications and marketing practices and the incumbent is responsible for contributing to the advancement of these efforts.
· Help proofread executive presentations, website content, promotional emails and reports, and other projects as assigned, ensuring stylistic consistency and accuracy.
· Support document production across the organization to include ensuring all materials are up-to-date, working closely with internal stakeholders from conception to approval.
· Act as team’s point-person for HTML coding of quick-turn and high priority industry communications and updates—assisting with editing, coding, distribution as well as maintaining contact lists as needed through the association management system (AMS).
· Support U.S. Travel’s Manager, Digital Communications with social listening, content development, influencer audits, editorial calendar and social networks maintenance, as well as with website content.
· Manage the Power of Travel Coalition’s digital presence under the oversight of the manager of digital communications.
· Build surveys on Alchemer (formerly SurveyGizmo) to support industry activations and grassroots efforts
· Support the design team in making minor edits and text updates to documents using Adobe Creative Cloud programs.
· Provide overall support for event marketing tasks as assigned. Tasks may include ordering of annual awards, social media scheduling and crafting, website updates and more for U.S. Travel’s signature events and board meetings.
· Support the planning, execution and engagement tracking of industry activations, including National Plan for Vacation Day, National Travel and Tourism Week and grassroots efforts, among other campaigns.
· Provide overall administrative support to the Marketing & Industry Communications team with regard to scheduling meetings, tracking, adding and managing project timelines on Basecamp, invoicing, and managing the vendor relationships for annual subscriptions (i.e. Basecamp and Getty).
· Support U.S. Travel’s VP of Marketing & Industry Communications on special projects as needed.
· Excellent writing skills and the ability to craft messages that attract attention and drive engagement, tailored for a variety of formats and audiences.
· Delivers what is promised with accuracy and efficiency in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
· Ability to embrace a high-performance/high-productivity environment.
· Highly organized with keen attention to detail.
· Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and work against tight deadlines.
· Must possess a positive and proactive attitude along with excellent communication skills.
· Self-initiated with a strong work ethic.
· Shows intellectual curiosity in every task they are asked to perform.
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or a related field, and a minimum of two years of related professional experience.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word and PowerPoint, and displays basic proficiency in Excel.
· Knowledge and familiarity with best practices for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
· Knowledge of AP Style.
· Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud programs, particularly Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver and In Design.
· Familiarity with HTML and responsive web design software.
· Familiarity with MagnetMail or other marketing automation platform.
· Familiarity with Alchemer (formerly SurveyGizmo) or other survey building tools.
· Familiarity with Basecamp, Google Drive, Dropbox, Slack, Zoom and other webinar platforms a plus.
· Familiarity with Google Analytics and other social media monitoring and tracking programs a plus.
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume and reference list to email@example.com.
Job posted: 2020-12-14