National Restaurant Association
Summary of Position:
The Coordinator, Political Advocacy + Grassroots helps create a successful environment for the Association’s political and government affairs efforts. Primary duties include supporting the administrative functions of the Political Advocacy + Grassroots team and to aid in meeting industry public policy goals, assisting in the planning and execution of Restaurant Roundtables, the annual Public Affairs Conference, and in the association’s nationwide grassroots program, the Kitchen Cabinet. The successful candidate will be a proactive and outside-the-box thinker with an interest in learning and growing their knowledge of grassroots advocacy at the federal and local level. They will be nimble and able to multi-task on a regular basis – as many of the programs the Political Advocacy + Grassroots team are diverse.
• Responsible for supporting the broad efforts of the Political Advocacy + Grassroots team.
• Regularly participate on Kitchen Cabinet calls and track progress.
• Assist significantly in the registration, planning, and execution of the NRA’s annual Public Affairs Conference.
• Coordinate, draft and create action alerts that support the legislative priorities of the federal and state policy teams.
• Works closely with the Sr. Coordinator, Political Advocacy + Grassroots in developing communications and logistics for in-state events.
• Enables the seamless transfer of data between the association database and the grassroots management system.
• Assist in updating the Kitchen Cabinet grassroots websites.
• Drafts correspondence, reports and presentations for members of the team as tasked.
• Assists in keeping department records up to date, including invoice processing.
• Directs preparation of records such as agendas, meeting minutes and follow up notifications as tasked.
• Organize and execute webinars on a variety of topics.
• Coordinates proper distribution of materials among team members.
• Works on special projects and other duties as required helping to promote department’s success.
• Ensures enterprise-wide understanding of the team’s advocacy priorities as well as its information needs from other departments.
Essential Use of Following Tools:
• Association membership database
• Advocacy management software (Phone2Action)
• Social Media Networks
• Experience with WordPress or similar CMS tools.
• Ability to use all standard office equipment including: computer, printer, fax machine, phones, voice mail, photocopiers, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
• Experience in or knowledge of the restaurant or hospitality industry is preferred
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are critical.
• Exhibits high levels of professionalism, discretion and sound judgment at all times.
• Strong writing, reading and math skills
• Effective communication skills; communicating clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
• Maintains protection and confidentiality of highly sensitive information.
• Works well as part of a team and independently on multiple tasks and completes successfully within defined timeframes.
• Works effectively under pressure and prioritizes work, often juggling multiple assignments within short timeframe while following through and meeting deadlines.
• Broad fundamental administrative knowledge.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Time management skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Computer literate (Excellent knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint applications) with the ability and flexibility to learn other computer software programs.
Essential Mental Requirements:
• Must be able to work as an integral part of the Political Advocacy and Grassroots team.
• Must be able to maintain good rapport with all departments.
• Must be able to thrive within a fast-paced work environment.
• Must be able to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision.
• Must be able to understand the importance of the position for the success of the business.
• Ability to accept changes and be flexible.
• Must act with honor, character and integrity.
Job Posted: April 14, 2017