The Coordinator, Political Advocacy helps create a successful environment for the Association’s political and government affairs efforts. Primary duties include leading and executing the Restaurant Roundtable program to support the industry’s public policy goals, assist with the annual Public Affairs Conference, and assist with the Association’s nationwide grassroots program, the Kitchen Cabinet. The successful candidate will be a proactive and outside-the-box thinker with an interest in learning and growing their knowledge of grassroots advocacy at the federal and local level. They will be nimble and able to multi-task on a regular basis – as many of the programs the Political Advocacy team are diverse.
• Responsible for supporting the initiatives of the Political Advocacy team and the goals of the Association.
• Lead and execute the Restaurant Roundtable Program which seeks to advance the industry’s advocacy goals. Management of this program requires good judgement, regular coordination, and clear, concise communication with State Restaurant Association CEOs, Congressional offices, and staff of the National Restaurant Association.
• Create and manage legislative action alerts that support the legislative priorities of the federal and state policy teams.
• Serve as a primary liaison between the Political Advocacy and NRA Communications teams on social media content.
• Regularly participate on Kitchen Cabinet calls and provide direction and input to market consultants and State Restaurant Association staff to ensure alignment across all grassroots initiatives.
• Assist in planning and execution of the NRA’s annual Public Affairs Conference.
• Regularly communicate with State Restaurant Association executives and staff on outreach regarding key federal policy issues.
• Assists in managing external vendors and consultants, building good relationships and rapport.
• Support political fundraising efforts and assist in the coordination and execution of new events or initiatives as necessary.
• Enables the seamless transfer of data between the association database and the grassroots management system.
• Drafts correspondence, reports and presentations for members of the team as tasked.
• Assists in keeping department records up to date, including invoice processing.
• Directs preparation of records such as agendas, meeting minutes and follow up notifications as tasked.
• Organize and execute webinars on a variety of topics.
• Works on special projects and other duties as required helping to promote department’s success.
• Ensures enterprise-wide understanding of the team’s advocacy priorities as well as its information needs from other departments.
Essential Use of Following Tools
• Association membership database
• Advocacy management software (Phone2Action)
• Social Media Networks
• Experience with WordPress or similar CMS tools.
• Ability to use all standard office equipment including: computer, printer, fax machine, phones, voice mail, photocopiers, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
• Experience in or knowledge of the restaurant or hospitality industry is preferred.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are critical.
• Exhibits high levels of professionalism, discretion and sound judgment at all times.
• Strong writing, reading and math skills
• Effective communication skills; communicating clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
• Maintains protection and confidentiality of highly sensitive information.
• Works well as part of a team and independently on multiple tasks and completes successfully within defined timeframes.
• Works effectively under pressure and prioritizes work, often juggling multiple assignments within short timeframe while following through and meeting deadlines.
• Broad fundamental administrative knowledge.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Time management skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Computer literate (Excellent knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint applications) with the ability and flexibility to learn other computer software programs.
Essential Mental Requirements
• Must be able to work as an integral part of the Political Advocacy and Grassroots team.
• Must be able to maintain good rapport with all departments.
• Must be able to thrive within a fast-paced work environment.
• Must be able to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision.
• Must be able to understand the importance of the position for the success of the business.
• Ability to accept changes and be flexible.
• Must act with honor, character and integrity.
Learn more here
Coordinator, Political Advocacy
National Restaurant Association
Job posted: 2017-10-14