Coordinator, Political Affairs & Grassroots Advocacy
International Franchise Association
The primary functions of this role will be to develop and implement effective grassroots advocacy and political affairs activities to support the IFA’s legislative, political and regulatory agenda. The candidate will be responsible for helping to manage the day-to-day operations of IFA’s grassroots advocacy program, the Franchise Action Network and IFA’s political action committee, FranPAC. The primary responsibility will be to help design and implement state and national grassroots & public affairs campaigns, advocacy communications, in-district roundtables, political fundraising and events.
Responsibilities will include:
- Under the direction of Vice President of Political Affairs and Grassroots Advocacy, help to manage the day-to-day operations of the Association’s grassroots and political programs, the Franchise Action Network & FranPAC.
- Assist in developing and implementing grassroots advocacy campaigns & communications supporting state & federal government relations and public affairs directives.
- Help to achieve the Association’s grassroots goals in terms of new advocate recruitment, education and mobilization on franchise specific and broader business issues with key legislators and policymakers.
- Coordinate advocacy days in Washington, DC and various target states throughout the year, particularly the Franchise Action Network Annual Meeting in September.
- Provide advocacy best practice guidance to key stakeholder partners, and develop tools for effective grassroots training and engagement to support the successful implementation of advocacy campaigns, including issue alerts, issue briefs and other materials.
- Promote IFA’s grassroots network and legislative issues at industry events & conferences.
- Update and maintain the grassroots web portal and database.
- Manage grassroots social profiles,
- Assist in the administration, fundraising and communications strategy for FranPAC.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field with 1-3 years of experience in political or grassroots advocacy related work.
- Successful experience or demonstrated understanding in advocacy/public policy, grassroots organization/mobilization, and grassroots advocacy tactic development and implementation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of state and federal government activities and structures.
- Strong interpersonal skills, writing skills and the ability to work effectively with a team and diverse advocates.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet specific deadlines and metrics.
- Knowledge of grassroots platforms/portals, specifically Phone2Action.
- Knowledge of SquareSpace and WordPress website software.
- Travel up to 10% of time.
Please submit resume & cover letter to Erica Farage at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job posted: 2020-01-20