Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Coordinator, Political Affairs & Grassroots Advocacy
About the job
The primary functions of this role will be to develop and implement effective grassroots advocacy and political affairs activities to support the IFA’s legislative, political and regulatory agenda. The candidate will be responsible for helping to manage the day-to-day operations of IFA’s grassroots advocacy program, the Franchise Action Network, and IFA’s political action committee, FranPAC. The primary responsibility will be to help build out and execute state and national grassroots lobbying & public affairs campaigns, draft advocacy communications for diverse audiences, coordinate meetings/calls/events with lawmakers and key stakeholders and stay on track of the association’s political fundraising efforts.
Responsibilities will include:
• Under the direction of the Vice President of Political Affairs and Grassroots Advocacy, manage the day-to-day operations of the Association’s grassroots and political programs, the Franchise Action Network & FranPAC.
• Assist in developing and implementing grassroots advocacy campaigns & communications supporting state & federal government relations and public affairs directives.
• Help design, devise, and implement national outreach and issue campaigns to effectively tell the story of the franchise business model to audiences and stakeholders including legislators, the media, and the general public.
• Help to achieve the Association’s grassroots goals in terms of new advocate recruitment and engagement, as well as education and mobilization on franchise-specific and broader business issues with key legislators and policymakers.
• Coordinate advocacy events in Washington, DC and various districts and states throughout the year, particularly the IFA Advocacy Summit in Washington, DC in September.
• Update and maintain the grassroots web portal and database (Quorum).
• Assist in the administration, fundraising, database management, and communications strategy for FranPAC, using Aristotle PAC management software.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field with 2-3 years of experience in legislative, political or advocacy-related work.
• Demonstrated knowledge of state and federal government activities and structures.
• Strong interpersonal skills, effective writing and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with a team and diverse advocates.
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet specific deadlines and metrics while balancing different priorities and projects.
• Knowledge of grassroots platforms & PAC management software.
• Knowledge of SquareSpace and WordPress website software.
• Travel up to 10% of time.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The International Franchise Association is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, promotion, compensation, benefits, and termination. IFA is firmly committed to achieving an inclusive, diverse workforce that values every individual. We firmly believe that hiring individuals with varying perspectives and backgrounds contributes to our success as an organization, and we strive to create an environment that fosters inclusiveness.
About the International Franchise Association:
Celebrating over 60 years of excellence, education, and advocacy, the International Franchise Association (IFA) is the world’s oldest and largest organization representing franchising worldwide. IFA works through its government relations and public policy, media relations, and educational programs to protect, enhance and promote franchising and the approximately 790,492 franchise establishments that support nearly 8.4 million direct jobs, $825.4 billion of economic output for the U.S. economy, and almost 3 percent of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP). IFA members include franchise companies in over 300 different business format categories, individual franchisees, and companies that support the industry in marketing, law, technology, and business development.
Job posted: 2023-05-25