Coordinator, Public Affairs
CTIA-The Wireless Association
To support the Public Affairs team, especially through media relations, digital content creation and internal and external newsletter communications.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
I. Media Relations:
- Intake media inquries by phone and email and route internally. Document and track inquiries through the response process.
- Assist with drafting and distributing materials such as press releases and statements to staff, media and other stakeholders as directed.
- Manage relationship with news clips service, ensuring stakeholders are receiving complete daily updates of relevant articles, including headlines in policy, member, trade and industry.
- Compile and maintain email distribution lists, including CTIA staff, consultants, reporters and external parties.
- Draft and distribute internal and external newsletters. Included, but not limited to:
- Mobile Minute (daily)
- Public Affairs Update for member companies (weekly)
- Monitor news publications to identify other relevant breaking news or coverage on key policy areas, including 5G, wireless, spectrum and infrastructure. Compile supplemental coverage reports as necessary.
- Provide editorial assistance (including proofreading, fact-finding, production of templates, etc.) for all CTIA and subsidiary organizations, including digital content (AP Style).
- Research and submit for awards and honors that promote the work done by the association and/or its senior team.
II. Digital Media:
- Draft and post social media updates as directed (e.g., Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.).
- Work with other members of the Public Affairs team on strategic aspects of the association’s social media and digital channels, including content calendars, analyzing metrics, and launching paid advertising campaigns.
- Monitor assigned hearings and meetings and support social media coverage in support of CTIA strategic messaging.
Post statements, press releases and filings to CTIA website as requested. Make general updates to website pages and blogs.
III. Association Support:
- Attend interdepartment meetings as necessary.
- Participate in coalition calls and meetings as necessary.
IV. Other Clerical & Administrative Support:
- Assist with phones and scheduling.
- Copying, typing, filing, media database entry and management.
- Assist with scheduling, information distribution, requests and meetings with CTIA members.
- Collect and distribute information as requested and as appropriate about, to and for CTIA.
Supervisory responsibilities: None
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Project Management – Coordinates projects, ensuring successful completion.
Customer Service – Responds to requests for service and assistance. Meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills – Works well as an individual or part of a group. Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively. Proofreads work for spelling and grammar; able to read and interpret written information.
Judgment – Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Maintains confidentiality.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes shot and long-term work activities. Uses time efficiently.
Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and meetings on time and prepared.
Dependability – Follows instructions and responds to management direction.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Strong interest in technology/telecommunications, U.S. government and/or policy or journalism is helpful.
Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook) required. Familiarity with CMS (specifically WordPress) and social media platforms (e.g., Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook) preferred. Familiarity with Adobe suite (Photoshop, InDesign, etc.) is an advantage. WIN
Education and/or experience:
Four-year college degree required. Prior experience (inclusive of internships) with public/media relations, advocacy/government relations, membership or trade associations helpful.
Candidates should be detail-oriented with strong knowledge of grammar and punctuation. Strong written and verbal communications skills are required. Proficiency in AP Style preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. This position may require overtime. Candidate must be flexible to work overtime if needed.
This list describes general job duties and responsibilities. It is not a complete list of duties. Incumbents may be required to perform additional tasks related to these duties.
CTIA does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, color, race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, marital status, personal appearance, veteran status, political affiliation, matriculation, genetic information, pregnancy or related conditions, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-25