Coordinator of Public Affairs
The Information Technology Industry Council (ITI) is the premier advocacy and policy organization for the world’s leading innovation companies. ITI is seeking a Coordinator of Public Affairs to support the Public Affairs team with ITI’s public-facing and communications activities. This position is located in Washington, DC with flexible telecommute options during and after COVID.
Reporting to the Executive Vice President of Public Affairs, the Coordinator of Public Affairs will collaborate with the Public Affairs team on day-to-day digital media operations and marketing, including through social media, blogs, and newsletters.
- Support, plan, and coordinate projects that support ITI’s work, including policy development and advocacy.
- Produce and distribute written and visual content for ITI’s newsletters, website, and social media networks to raise organization’s visibility.
- Support the administration of the website, including updating the production of new content and guiding its ongoing growth as measured through analytics reports.
- Support the Communication team with ITI’s social media presence, including proactive engagement around key policy issues and priorities.
- Keep track of current issues and strategies in the technology industry to leverage opportunities for ITI thought leadership through events, media, and other public-facing activities.
- Work with the Communications team to generate and release media advisories, press releases, and statements, and support the implementation of new public affairs initiatives.
- Maintain and update press and member databases and conduct media monitoring.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with ITI member companies and staff.
- Support membership activities, including development of internal member-focused communications.
- Perform other duties, including administrative support, as assigned.
Skills & Abilities
- Oral and written communication skills, including the ability to write and design compelling, engaging content
- Enthusiastic self-starter, excited about working at the intersection of technology and policy
- A solutions-oriented team player with the demonstrated ability to excel in a fast-paced advocacy organization
- Capability to work independently and collaboratively
- Project management skills and the ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize competing priorities
- Customer service oriented possessing tact, diplomacy, good judgment, and discretion
- Commitment to professionalism, reliability, accuracy, detail, and follow-up
- Emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills
- Capabilities for thinking strategically and creatively
Required Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing, or in a related field; or recently graduated with extensive internship experience in Public Affairs and Communications
- Familiarity with communications, social media content development and marketing (e.g., Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter), web content development and marketing, and media relations
- Knowledge of or a willingness to learn and manage various graphic design and e-marketing tools and platforms
How To Apply
If you believe you meet the requirements, please submit a resume to the following job link:
Additional inquiries and questions can be emailed to Beth Cessna at email@example.com or contact 202-232-1765.
About The Information Technology Industry Council (ITI)
Originally founded in 1916 and globally headquartered in Washington, DC, the Information Technology Industry Council (ITI) is the premier advocacy and policy organization for the world’s leading innovation companies. ITI advocates for public policies that advance innovation, open markets, and enable the transformational economic, societal, and commercial opportunities that our companies are creating. ITI members represent the entire spectrum of technology from internet companies, to hardware and networking equipment manufacturers, to software developers. ITI’s diverse membership and expert staff provide a broad perspective and intelligent insight in confronting the implications and opportunities of policy activities around the world.
ITI is committed to attracting creative, talented, and energetic team members who represent the diverse communities that they advocate for. In addition to an open, friendly, and flexible work atmosphere, ITI offers employees a comprehensive health insurance and benefits package.
About Cessna & Associates, LLC
Cessna & Associates, LLC is a boutique HR consultancy partnering with mission driven, non-profit organizations. Our goal is to identify the best potential candidates that the market has to offer.
The Power of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Fuels Success
Cessna & Associates embraces and celebrates the strength that diversity brings to our organization. Just as we are deliberate in our own pursuit of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives, our efforts support our clients’ DEI success. We drive every search with an unyielding focus to create an even playing field for all candidates and assess their ability to be “culture adds,” not merely “fits” for our clients. Our team builds and nurtures this rich tapestry of diversity for ourselves and for our clients.
Job posted: 2021-07-13