Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Coordinator, Public Affairs
The Retail Industry Leaders Association (RILA) is the U.S. trade association for leading retailers. We convene decision-makers, advocate for the industry, and promote operational excellence and innovation. Our aim is bold but simple: to elevate a dynamic industry by transforming the environment in which retailers operate.
RILA is a dynamic, collaborative, team-oriented organization with a fast-paced environment. RILA’s Core Values:
- Integrity – Operate with the highest integrity and respect for each other and the brands we represent
- Service – Delight members with service beyond their expectations
- Change – Learn from experiences, adapt and constantly improve
- Team – Collaborate with one another to achieve more and celebrate wins together
We are looking for a dedicated and committed professional to join our Government Affairs team.
Summary of Position:
The Coordinator, Public Affairs is a full-time entry-level non-exempt position that provides general administrative, legislative and political support to the public affairs department, which includes federal and state government affairs and communications. This position reports to the Senior EVP of Public Affairs.
- Provide support and administrative assistance for various public policy areas
- Regularly draft and send emails, updates and correspondences for RILA committee members and schedule meetings and conference calls with member companies
- Assist department with writing and reporting responsibilities (i.e., proofreading, editing, dissemination of reports and articles, newsletters, etc.)
- Provide legislative and political research assistance as directed, including drafting newsletter articles
- Responsible for maintaining Government Affairs website content, including all relevant meeting websites, newsletters, testimony, comment letters and press releases
- Maintain department data bases, distribution lists, schedules and key documents (issue briefs, position papers, etc.)
- Administrative support for relevant committees and work groups and any relevant committee meeting, to include meeting logistics, reserving meeting space, prepping and sending invitations and day of event execution
- Coordinate and support bi-annual RILA Government Affairs Committee meeting each fall and spring, to include meeting logistics, reserving meeting space, prepping and sending invitations and day of event execution
- Provide general office support including designated time staffing the front desk and answering phones
- Collaborate with non-government affairs staff on special projects
- Keep up to date and stay educated on current RILA issues
- Maintain open conversation with supervisor and fellow coordinators about office processes and ways to improve on them
Required Skills & Experience
- Entry level position, one (1) year in a professional environment preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Member/client/stakeholder focus experience a plus
- Project management skills – applicant should be highly organized with quality orientation
- Collaborative work style
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage (FSA/HSA options available)
- Employer sponsored Life Insurance, STD and LTD Coverage
- 401 (K) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Unlimited PTO + 12 Federal holiday closures
- Professional development opportunities
- Team outings/gatherings
- Flexibility to enjoy life outside of work
RILA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply. We are committed to being an inclusive place to work, while maintaining a workforce that represents the communities we serve.
Please submit a short statement of interest and your resume. Both are required in order to be considered for the position.
Job posted: 2022-04-19