Coordinator, Public Relations
|Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?|
Global Brand Public Relations is an integral function of Marriott’s Global Communications & Public Affairs (GCPA) department which leads Corporate Communications, Media Relations, Internal Communications, Government Affairs, Social Impact, and Multicultural initiatives for the Company. As a member of the Global Brand Public Relations team, the Coordinator, Public Relations is responsible for assisting with the development and management of public relations initiatives across Marriott International’s hotel brands, supporting the Luxury, Premium and Select team as needed.
The role includes a range of public relations initiatives and activations, including media relations; publicity generation; administrative support; special event management/activations; public relations activities in conjunction with trade shows, hotel grand openings and brand partnership launches; and writing a wide range of communications including press releases, talking points, speeches, newsletters, fact sheets and briefing documents. The role reports to the Vice President, Global Brand PR.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Partnering with the Global Brand Public Relations team on helping to develop story ideas that will further key messages and reach targeted audiences, building media lists, pitching reporters, drafting briefing materials, writing press releases and maintaining a story bank of ideas for potential stories that advance the company narrative.
- Responsible for managing incoming media requests; following up with reporters when necessary to get pertinent information.
- Helps team develop and draft various press materials, including press releases, briefing documents, talking points and speeches, in addition to brand PR toolkits that can be used across a wide variety of media outlets including digital and social.
- Works with team members to manage Brand and Marketing executive speaking requests – vets speaking opportunities; maintains and monitors a system to track incoming speaking requests and the outcomes; prepares background memos for speaking events; does first draft of talking points or remarks.
- Maintains the Global Brand Public Relations team calendar consisting of scheduled PR event/news/announcements.
- Tracks U.S. media coverage and shares clips with appropriate internal audiences, and collaborates with global counterparts to compile, prepare and share weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual recap materials for senior leaders.
- Develop and manage media list creation and maintenance.
- Tracks awards and entry requirements, as needed.
- Supports the Global Brand Public Relations team members in producing strategic and tactical presentations to internal clients.
- Stay abreast of all relevant luxury trends and news consolidating the findings in a Luxury Brands digital newsletter on behalf of Global Brand & Marketing Officer.
- Collaborate on internal and external executive communications, including thought leadership, trends forecasting, presentation development, and speech writing for Global Brand & Marketing Officer and Senior Vice President of Luxury.
- Liaise with continent PR, development, and brand marketing teams to track global calendar of anticipated hotel opening dates.
- Manages weekly and monthly updates to broader GCPA team.
- Update website pressroom content as needed.
- Track Public Relations budget.
- Respond via email and phone to daily media enquiries that come into the brand press office.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements for Position
Successful candidates should possess knowledge and experience as follows:
- Minimum of two (2) years practical communications or media relations experience, with demonstrated ability in multiple digital channels. Travel or hospitality background preferred.
- Mastery on various software, including Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Excel and Mailchimp
- Strong writing, editing, and proof-reading skills; demonstrated passion for writing.
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work with all levels of the company.
- Detailed oriented.
- Knowledge of and passion for the hospitality and travel/tourism industries.
- Process oriented, well-organized and capable of working quickly and handling many projects and job functions at once
- Creative thinker with experience identifying and executing communications for new ideas.
- A team player who is both curious and flexible and thrives in a fast-paced, global environment.
- Highly focused self-starter with strong organizational and project management experience.
- Excellent writing skills; ability to take complex issues and distill them into understandable content for press announcements.
- Provides, seeks, and acts on constructive feedback.
Bachelor’s degree required; concentration in communications, journalism, marketing or public relations preferred.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-09-06