Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Coordinator, Social Media Campaigns and Web
Want to work for a great Organization?
The American Bankers Association is the banking industry’s champion. Joining ABA makes you part of a team that: • has Extraordinary People – ABA experts are the “go to” sources for bankers, policy makers and the media for credible information and insights for the banking industry. • has Unmatched Scope and Scale – ABA’s unparalleled information and services keep members current, knowledgeable and prepared. • is Impact-Driven – ABA has a proven record of bringing about positive change for our members and the industry. We take action and achieve results. Plus competitive pay, an outstanding benefits package, a convenient DC location, a professional collegial work environment and an opportunity to work on issues of national significance equals a winning combination!
The Coordinator, Social Media Campaigns and Web is responsible for executing ABA’s paid and organic social media strategy for its advocacy and issue campaigns and creating entertaining and informative content to support the campaigns’ dedicated websites. This person is also responsible for executing the strategy and creating content for ABA event and sub-domain social media channels & training/events.
The Coordinator will work under the Director for Social Media and VP for Web Strategy and Customer Experience to ensure content is on message and delivered effectively across digital channels. The Coordinator will develop and manage social media content calendars and perform ongoing reporting for each campaign and will work with cross-functional teams to ensure campaign success.
The Coordinator will be responsible for a variety of administrative, technical and managerial functions related to the operational aspects of the campaign websites (built on WordPress) and will assist with basic publishing to the ABA’s flagship web site (ABA.com).
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field preferred for commensurate experience.
• 0-2 year of experience working in a marketing, sales and/or communications or experience with paid social advertising preferred. Graphic design and/or video experience preferred.
• Banking, trade association, and/or legislative/policy experience preferred.
• Knowledge of and experience with all major social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram) including publishing and analytics
• Working knowledge and understanding of social media and monitoring suite applications such as SproutSocial or Hootsuite
• Understanding of, or desire to learn about, Google Analytics
• Experience with content management systems, such as WordPress (preferred)
• Excellent communication, organization, and project management skills
• Highly developed interpersonal skills and comfort working with C-level executives
• Basic understanding of marketing processes and practices
American Bankers Association (ABA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, protected Veteran status, personal appearance, political affiliation, family responsibilities, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
ABA encourages and celebrates diversity so if you are motivated, hardworking and want to make a difference, come as you are!
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-06-19