Coordinator, US Regulatory Relations
The team is organized to specific risk profile areas to enable specialization, focus, and dedicated attention to the applicable internal teams, and corresponding regulators. These areas include Compliance and Finance, Technology, Data Governance and Vendor Affiliates and Enterprise Risk Management, Fraud, Credit and Operational Risk, as well as Reporting and Communications.
The U.S. Regulatory Relations team works hand-in-hand with Global Risk & Compliance’s (GRC) Preparedness, Exam Management and Remediation team. The close partnership ensures a seamless and cohesive experience for our regulators when interacting with American Express.
- Centralized and dedicated logistical management of all Continuous Monitoring meetings across all regulators and internal teams (300-400 actual meetings excluding prep sessions);
- Central point of contact to all regulatory administrative offices and internal senior leader executive teams;
- Central point of contact to board and committee logistical teams;
- Organize, and when needed, prioritize interactions depending on attendee availabilities and meeting dependencies.
- 2+ years of relevant experience preferred
- Highly motivated self-starter with great personal accountability
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Intellectually curious and creative; possess a growth mind-set
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix environment
- Highly organized and great attention to detail
- Work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment and able to manage several deliverables simultaneously; operate with a sense of urgency
- Demonstrated ability to operate autonomously with little to no direction and escalate issues appropriately and in a timely manner
- Strong inter-personal skills and a high level of business maturity; able to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships across organizations
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Workplace Flexibility: Potential to work remotely part of the time based on current projects and team needs.
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Job posted: 2020-10-30