A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
Mars has net sales of more than $33 billion, operates six business segments including Petcare, Chocolate, Wrigley, Food, Drinks, Symbioscience, and more than 75,000 Associates worldwide that are putting its Principles into action to make a difference for people and the planet through its performance.
Mars brands include: Petcare – PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, BANFIELD® Pet Hospital, CESAR®, SHEBA®, DREAMIES® and NUTRO®; Chocolate – M&M’S®, SNICKERS®, DOVE®, GALAXY®, MARS®, MILKY WAY® and TWIX®; Wrigley – DOUBLEMINT®, EXTRA®, ORBIT® and 5™ chewing gums, SKITTLES® and STARBURST® candies, and ALTOIDS® AND LIFESAVERS® mints. Food – UNCLE BEN’S®, DOLMIO®, EBLY®, MASTERFOODS®, SEEDS OF CHANGE® and ROYCO®; Drinks – ALTERRA COFFEE ROASTERS™, THE BRIGHT TEA COMPANY™, KLIX® and FLAVIA®; Symbioscience – COCOAVIA® and WISDOM PANEL®.
The Corporate Affairs Manager will lead Corporate Affairs for the Mars Global Retail Group, consistent with Mars, Incorporated and Segment CA strategies and platforms. He/she will ensure connectivity of CA to the Global Retail Group, including providing MRG and ITR leaders with the strategic communications counsel, insights and tools to achieve business strategies and goals, and protect reputation and promote freedom of the Mars Retail Group and ITR businesses to grow around the world.
1. The Mars Retail Group Corporate Affairs Manager is responsible for leading Corporate Affairs for Global Retail business, including Mars Retail Group (which includes the M&M’s Stores, My M&Ms, and Ethel M) consistent with overall Mars, Incorporated and Segment CA strategies and platforms This includes communications, issues and crisis management, PR/Corporate reputation, associate and stakeholder engagement, and government and regulatory affairs. The position reports to the VP – Corporate Affairs for the Confectionary segment.
2. Corporate Reputation: Anticipate, manage and coordinate responses to issues that hold the potential to affect the overall image and reputation of the Mars Retail Group (MRG. Lead corporate affairs to support business strategy including supporting the opening of new stores and channels to grow MRG, partnering with local market CA teams as appropriate. Drive MRG’s internal and external communications, media, public relations and promotional activities in alignment with corporate policies and specific Chocolate segment requirements. Provide global and local crisis management and communications in accordance with CALM and Corporate Affairs protocols, including ensuring crisis training and tools are in place. Advise Mars Retail leaders regarding external/internal threats and opportunities and create strategies to protect, enhance and/or accelerate business objectives and mitigate risks. Manage consumer care support in accordance with global Consumer Care protocols, ensuring consistent management and monitoring processes and necessary response tools are in place and that insights are delivered regarding business trends and utilized in trends. Provide media training and counsel to senior MRG business leaders in accordance with Mars, Inc protocols and assistance in responding to media inquiries
3. Inform & Inspire Associates: Lead development of MRG internal communications strategies and plans to engage Associates in vision and business strategy. Develop tool and tactics to support communications goals as appropriate. Provide strategic internal communications counsel to MRG leaders to help mitigate risks and navigate issues.
4. Shape Favorable Public Policy: As aligned with the MRG business strategy, work with local unit CA and Public Affairs associates to identify government and regulatory issues important to the Retail and ITR businesses, to ensure successful operations in market. Have knowledge of Mars, Incorporated and segment positions to advise and support business leaders and strategic decision making and ensuring products meet local legal and regulatory requirements.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (e.g., Communication, Business, Contract Management/Procurement).
• Minimum 8 years of experience in related work
• Experience with problem solving and critical thinking skills.
• Proven organizational skills.
• Positive, service-oriented attitude.
• Experience with media is a plus
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Learn more here
Job Posted: August 30, 2017