Corporate Affairs Manager, Corporate Projects, Government Affairs and Public Policy
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience working in public affairs, strategic/political communications, political campaigns and/or within government.
- Experience leading the development of public policy campaigns and tools including messaging, polling, collateral materials, advertising, and events.
- Experience leading and collaborating with internal cross-functional stakeholders to design and deliver exceptional work products.
- Demonstrated knowledge of YouTube’s product offerings and functionality.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and a strong track record of leading and executing projects in a multi-stakeholder environment.
- Strong and effective writer and communicator.
- Team player with an ability to exercise good judgment in a rapidly changing and sometimes stressful environment.
About the job
As a member of Google’s Government Affairs and Public Policy team, you’ll be part of a diverse global government affairs team, working across regions, product areas, and functions. You’ll combine creativity and intellectual rigor with the organizational skills to manage various campaigns, projects and initiatives. In this role, you’ll advocate for Google to bring external perspectives back into the company to inform our perception and direction. You’re passionate about the opportunity to shape the future of how we use and build technology for everyone.
As the Corporate Affairs Manager for the Corporate Projects Government Affairs & Public Policy (GAPP) team at YouTube, you will be responsible for leading the development of policy narratives including core reputation messaging and positions on key issues. You will work directly with the Corporate Projects team lead and in collaboration with cross-functional regional stakeholders (e.g. YouTube’s GAPP, Business, Product, Trust & Safety, PR, and Marketing teams) to develop strategies and deploy public policy narratives, campaigns and tools that improve stakeholder trust and perception.
You will bring excellent strategic thinking, analytical, interpersonal and writing skills, an aptitude for learning, a strong attention to detail, creativity and the discipline to manage and drive multiple strategic projects with tight deadlines.
Google takes its responsibilities seriously, including engaging with government and other stakeholders on important public policy challenges. The Government Affairs and Public Policy (GAPP) team leads the company’s engagement with executive branch officials, legislators, regulators and third-parties in the formation of public policy. Working closely with Google leaders, GAPP seeks to identify key policy issues, listen carefully to others’ views and opinions, and distill and share the company’s perspective on those issues with external stakeholders. While we focus on challenges affecting the internet, our issue areas are increasingly broad and encompass many areas where public policy, business, and technology intersect.
- Lead the strategic development of policy narratives on behalf of the YouTube Government Affairs & Public Policy team including core reputation messaging and positions on key issues.
- Collaborate with the communications and marketing teams to craft compelling narrative campaigns and engagement strategies for policy stakeholders.
- Work with the product policy team to maximize reputational benefits of product and policy changes.
- Manage sentiment analysis of priority policy stakeholders, files and issues.
- Represent YouTube Government Affairs & Public Policy team and provide strategic public affairs guidance to marketing and communications on reputation based initiatives.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-08-22