Corporate Affairs Manager Global Duty Free & Export
At Imperial Brands, we’re challengers by instinct and energetic hands-on operators. Our entrepreneurial spirit is what sets us apart.
We’re a truly international company driven by a strong challenger culture. An innovative and responsible FTSE100 FMCG business widely recognised on the global stage. We generate over £30bn revenue and employ over 30,000 like-minded achievers in markets worldwide. We’re driven by a common purpose: to create something better for the world’s smokers including next generation product consumers.
Alongside our respected brands such as Lambert & Butler, John Player Special and Rizla, we’re increasingly focused on developing a leading portfolio of next generation products with lower health risks than regular tobacco products, all underpinned by leading edge science and high-quality innovation.
Here You Can
We currently have an exciting opportunity based in our Madrid office for a Corporate Affairs Manager. Reporting into our Head of Corporate & Legal Affairs for Global Duty Free & Export (GDF&E) you will be responsible for owning and driving the Corporate Affairs strategy for GDF&E across the regions and markets we work in.
This role will represent Imperial in relevant global and regional industry associations and regulatory bodies and manage global/ regional engagement campaigns. The role will manage external agencies and political consultants.
This role would ideally suit someone from a commercial focused background.
- Responsible for the implementation of Imperial Brands corporate and external affairs strategy the global Duty Free environment.
- Take ownership for corporate affairs issues (NGP, Duty Free regulation and global Customs Frameworks)
- Develop close working relationship with relevant stakeholders, both internal and external
- Develop and lead a structured process that ensures upcoming regulatory changes are identified and action plans are put in place
- Lead the process of ingredient reporting including the analysis of various data sources and provide data sets to Group Ingredients Reporting team
- Represent Imperial GDF&E externally
- Deliver ladvice for GDF Corporate Affairs as well as GDF Management team on regulatory requirements and policy shifts.
- Coordination of external public affairs support, as needed
- Experience in developing strong relationships with external authorities
- Experience in delivering in regional or global roles.
- Degree in (business) law, political science, economics or related fields
- Advanced Presentation skills and advanced Excel, PowerPoint skills
- Strong, demonstratable experience in industry, as public affairs professional in a complex market environment.
- Excellent communication skills, able to influence key stakeholders internally and externally.
- A high level of English is essential, other languages are desirable
- Strong and proven skills to simultaneously manage different projects/work streams under constantly changing regulatory requirements
- Familiarity working in a highly regulated multi-national business environment, including a good practical understanding of financial, commercial and regulatory procedures
- Manage external agencies and political consultants.
Interested candidates should apply via the link below.
Job posted: 2019-12-02