Corporate Affairs Marketing Manager
About Blavity, Inc.: Blavity, Inc. is a venture-funded technology and new media company, founded in 2014 around a simple idea: enable black millennials to tell their own stories. Today, we are home to the largest network of platforms and lifestyle brands serving the multifaceted lives of Black millennials & gen-z through original content, video and unique experiences. The company has grown into a market leader for Black media, reaching over 80 million millennials per month through our growing brand portfolio which includes: Blavity News, 21Ninety, AfroTech, Travel Noire, and Shadow & Act. Assembled of passionate, high-energy, and focused rock-stars, our Blavity, Inc. Team executes with our values at the forefront of mind: Love of Community, Transparency and Communication, Collective Responsibility, Fail Fast. Blavity, Inc. is continuously looking for new team members to help us continue to scale, cultivate our community, and advance our strategic direction.
Job Summary: The Corporate Affairs Marketing Manager (1099) contract uses digital marketing and audience engagement plans to drive AfroTech conference ticket sales, increase Blavity Shop merchandise sales, and raise awareness of Corporate Social Justice Responsibility initiatives.
This contract will be overseen by the Senior Director of Corporate Affairs.
AfroTech Conference Marketing & Communications
- Own and execute marketing plans and calendar that drive ticket sales for Blavity conferences
- Develop and work with consultants for paid acquisition strategy to increase conference and virtual summit ticket sales
- Manage approvals for conference assets for social media, websites, communications and newsletters
- Manage GTM strategy and work with the creative team to update public facing conference websites and apps
- Create and execute influencer marketing campaigns to increase conference ticket sales; identifying talent, establishing written agreements, developing and executing a campaign schedule, developing and managing an influencer budget, etc.
- Create and execute email marketing campaigns and onboarding funnels for ticket purchasers to increase engagement and awareness pre and during events
- Identify and implement other marketing initiatives to increase AfroTech conference ticket sales (e.g., editorial campaigns, PR pushes, etc.)
Corporate Affairs Marketing
- Develop and execute marketing plans that raise awareness of Corporate Affairs initiatives and our overall impact in the Black community, including the launch of Blavity.org
- Develop and execute launch plans for Corporate Affairs events and initiatives
- Develop and execute marketing plans that help establish AfroTech and Blavity as an influential stakeholder in the technology and startup industry in the United States
- Schedule and lead weekly Corporate Affairs Marketing Meetings to discuss the marketing calendar, questions/issues and new ideas
- Send weekly email KPI updates to the leadership team that highlights projects from that week and provides metrics around paid ads, engagement, ticket sales and merch sales
- Develop and manage a Corporate Affairs Marketing project management tools, marketing dashboards and ticket sale revenue
- Ensure all marketing projects and assignments are within the agreed upon budget
- Coordinate with the other Marketing Managers, Brand Managers and Editors to cross promote and ensure all marketing requests are executed according to agreed upon timelines
- Experience: 7+ years experience in digital marketing, creative design, social media, email marketing and communications
- Competencies: conversion driven marketing, online communications, social media copy, email marketing, social media management, project management, paid social media ads and a love of Black culture!
- Travel: <5%
Details: This (1099) contract offers 15-25 per week for up to 6 months, and an opportunity for advancement.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter online at BlavityInc.com/Careers.
Blavity is committed to creating a diverse environment free of discrimination and harassment, and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Blavity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, HIV Status, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Job posted: 2020-08-26