Corporate Affairs Representative, US Downstream
This position reports to the Manager of the Federal & International Government Affairs team in Washington D.C.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Lead federal advocacy and serve as point of contact for internal stakeholders on Downstream regulations, legislative, and related issues as relevant to CHEVRON.
- Work with business segment, internal experts, and/or issue management team to: identify issues, frame business impacts, develop issue management plans and policy positions, develop and execute advocacy plans, and provide proactive updates.
- Support development and implementation of executive visits related to advocacy plans.
- Lead and participate in political events, CEPAC events, fundraisers, and special projects as requested. Build and maintain constructive and bipartisan relationships with Congressional members and staff, Executive branch members and staff, and other policymakers to position CHEVRON as a balanced and credible voice.
- Serve on industry association and other committees with policymakers, think tanks, and/or associations.
- Other issues, projects, and events may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Quantified experience in years 10+ of directly related experience
- Established, bipartisan stakeholder network in U.S. Congress, Executive branch and agencies, think tanks, and associations.
- Demonstrated written, verbal, analytical, interpersonal, and collaboration skills
- Proven ability to manage complex portfolio, deadlines, schedule(s), and executive visits
- Advanced expertise in issue management, advocacy, campaigns, and, association management.
- Ability to travel.
- Education – Master’s Degree
- Knowledge & Experience with the Energy Industry
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at email@example.com.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-08