Corporate Affairs Senior Manager – Integrated Communications
Amgen is seeking a Corporate Affairs Senior Manager – Integrated Communications to be based at our global headquarters in Thousand Oaks, CA. The Senior Manager will report directly to the Global Director of Corporate Affairs.
Consistent with the vision of Amgen Corporate Affairs to “proactively shape, drive and enhance the Amgen brand and reputation globally,” the Senior Manager is responsible for development and implementation of the communications strategies to help achieve Amgen’s business objectives across priority brands and initiatives within the bone health franchise and broader global commercial business.
Key Responsibilities of the Corporate Affairs Senior Manager – Integrated Communications will include:
- Develops and executes strategic communications plans to help inform and educate key audiences, and deliver high-impact communications designed to deliver results for Amgen and its business goals
- Provides communications support for current and future Amgen-driven product initiatives, including launches, being conducted in key regions and countries around the world
- Anticipates and manages issues that arise that may impact Amgen’s brands or initiatives through cross-functional coordination and counsel to business and engagement with key stakeholders
- Develops messaging and media materials (talking points, media statements/releases, fact sheets, Q&As); follows process for review and approval that ensures message buy-in from related parties and executive leadership with an emphasis in reaching key audiences, including patients
- Manages and/or provides strategic recommendations around proactive and reactive traditional and social media interactions and/or initiatives that support Amgen’s business objectives, brand and reputation
- Coordinates with Amgen site communicators (as appropriate) to advance external engagement, product and therapeutic area communications efforts
- Anticipates and proactively prepares company spokespeople and third-party spokespersons (where appropriate) for issues or events; including media training external and internal spokespeople
- Works in partnership with internal and enterprise communications teams to ensure an integrated approach on delivery of priority communications initiatives
- Willingness to travel 6+ times a year (both international and/or domestically)
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Journalism and/or Public Relations and/or Communications and/or Political Science experience
Master’s degree and 4 years of Journalism and/or Public Relations and/or Communications and/or Political Science experience
Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of Journalism and/or Public Relations and/or Communications and/or Political Science experience
Associate’s degree and 10 years of Journalism and/or Public Relations and/or Communications and/or Political Science experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Journalism and/or Public Relations and/or Communications and/or Political Science experience
- 7+ years of related experience in Public Relations and/or Public Affairs
- Biotechnology, pharmaceutical, medical device or related healthcare public relations/affairs experience (in a corporate, PR agency or government environment is preferred)
- 2+ years’ experience working within a regulated industry
- Issues and/or crisis management experience is highly desirable
- Knowledge and understanding of key marketplace factors for pharmaceuticals and biologicals, as well as critical business issues and drivers
- Possess a natural curiosity for and proven track record in delivering innovative, state-of-the-art communications approaches that drive targeted and high-impact results among audiences
- Strong oral and presentation skills; ability to negotiate and persuade
- Strong writing skills and proven media relations skills that are results-oriented
- Strategic and creative thinker with ability to develop actionable communications programs which integrate soundly with business objectives
- Strong collaborator; ability to coordinate with different functions and staff in the company and outside vendors to achieve communications and business objectives
- Strong facilitation and group process experience
- Ability to navigate a challenging and dynamic environment productively
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to deal with rapidly changing priorities
- Ability to interact with all levels of management, staff and vendors
- Excellent interpersonal skills; enthusiastic, team player and self-starter; serious commitment to hard work and excellence
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
If you’re seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you’ll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-06-19