Corporate Affairs Specialist
In this position, you will play an important role in executing corporate communications that promote and protect awareness and appreciation of Alibaba Group outside Asia.
Ideal candidates will be organized and detail oriented with a passion for media relations and the ability to formulate a clear point of view and develop compelling storylines. They will have experience working with influential consumer, trade and business media outlets.
The role is based from New York City and requires positive, effective teamwork within the international corporate affairs team of about 22 communications professionals spread across Alibaba’s New York, San Francisco, London, HK and Hangzhou offices, as well as a global cross-functional (business development, IP protection, government relations) teams to support Alibaba Group’s business priorities and communication efforts. The role reports to a senior member of the corporate affairs team also based in NYC.
• Work with Alibaba Group business units to develop and implement PR strategies to generate coverage for announcements, product launches and events which stretch across the corporate entity, as well as various business units, with a specific focus on the Group’s B2B unit, Alibaba.com, which is rapidly building its brand in the US with a growing presence in NYC
• Support the international corporate affairs team’s effort to build and protect Alibaba Group’s corporate reputation in financial media and their readership and the IP enforcement community
• Proactively identify and develop compelling stories to pitch to media outlets, trade publications, influencers and bloggers, and maintain those relationships
• Effectively develop clear and concise communications materials including pitches, messaging docs, briefing sheets, speaking abstracts, press releases, customer testimonials and case studies
• Steward and keep up to date media lists, media database and editorial calendars of international media for various issues or businesses – again B2B as a top priority – which the global communications team supports
• Be responsible for some of the reporting undertaken by the team on a weekly basis.
• Ability to work independently with a strong sense of ownership
• Ability to think creatively and bring new ideas to the table
• Support business activities and trade shows/events, both within the US and other parts of the world
Ideal candidates will possess most or all of the following qualifications:
• Minimum 7 years relevant experience in public relations and communications.
• A self-starter, detail oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a sense of urgency.
• Acute sense of judgment, tact and diplomacy.
• Comfortable working in a global company with high cultural diversity.
• Undergraduate degree required.
• Travel to China and other international destinations required.
• Existing relationships with small business, business, financial, e-commerce, cloud, payment and technology reporters and knowledge of these areas is preferred.
• Candidates who are bilingual in English and Chinese, with excellent written and oral communication skills will be prioritized.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-04-28