Corporate Communications Analyst – AVP
About the Corporate Communications Team:
The Corporate Communications team is a nimble team in Global Public Affairs that covers a broad scope of responsibilities, ranging from support for the CEO’s public engagements to quarterly earnings, sponsorships and corporate social responsibility including our philanthropic and community development efforts. The nature of the work provides a dynamic environment where members of the team serve as company spokespeople to media and other external stakeholders. Within Citi, the team works with many internal partners, including senior leadership, and regularly coordinates closely with other members of the Global Public Affairs team across the world.
This is a high energy, hardworking and affable team that values colleagues who can anticipate what needs to get done and act accordingly, are quick thinkers and can problem solve matters that arise unexpectedly, are intellectually curious, and who have high professional standards and thoughtful work product. We bring a client service attitude to our work at all times and always strive to be energetic and maintain a good sense of humor.
This role will provide input and support across the entirety of the Corporate Communications team. Responsibilities will range from research and coordination to engaging directly with journalists on behalf of Citi. It is an excellent opportunity to quickly play an important role on a top-notch corporate communications team. Among the responsibilities:
- Support members of the Corporate Communications team in preparing briefing and research material for senior executives
- Develop a range of communication materials including press releases, media statements and social media posts, and work with stakeholders internally and externally to develop and approve content
- Lead the communications strategy and execution for key employee affinity groups within Citi, including Citi Salutes
- Develop creative stories for trade and industry publications and drive executive visibility
- Work across Functions including Government Affairs and Sponsorships (among others) to support their various communications objectives
- Own and manage relationships with the media and relevant thought leaders, and cultivate partnerships with industry players
- Partner internally with the Institutional Clients Group communications and marketing leads to elevate and highlight interesting stories and insights using social media and other engaging channels
- Monitor media trends and social media dialogue, analyze and make recommendations for action
- Play key role in the day-to-day functioning of the Corporate Communications teamQualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field
- 3+ years’ relevant work experience, within a global company or agency highly preferred
- Track record of success in delivering high quality work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Superior writing skills
- Creative, thoughtful approach to work product and regularly brings forward new ideas
- Integrity, maturity, dependability, and a positive professional attitude
- A team player who will implement initiatives effectively
- Strong organizational and project management skills
Grade :All Job Level – All Job Functions
All Job Level – All Job Functions – US
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-08-24