Corporate Communications Director
Who You’ll Work For
REEF transforms urban spaces into community hubs that create jobs and bring new goods, services and experiences to the neighborhood. With an ecosystem of 5,000 locations and a team that’s over 18,000 strong, REEF is the largest operator of parking real estate and delivery restaurants in North America. By connecting the world to your block, we’re making the place you live, the place you love to be.
What You’ll Do
The Corporate Communications Director will own and execute on REEF’s corporate communications strategy, manage all in-bound and crisis communications, manage executive communications, VIP stakeholder and relationship development as well as organizing and managing VIP policy and business thought leadership through roundtables and events.
Strong candidates will have extensive corporate communications experience, ideally in a high-growth technology company or startup. Additionally, candidates should have deep relationships in business and technology media, a sophisticated understanding of brand, communications, and media relations, and have demonstrable experience managing PR campaigns and events that drive earned media coverage and brand awareness.
- Work with Director of Communications and Public Relations to develop REEF’s corporate communications strategy.
- Execute REEF’s corporate communications strategy via daily press release writing, pitch strategy development, and managing proactive and reactive media opportunities.
- Work cross-functionally to ensure coordinated, strategic, and impactful messaging reflective of the evolving nature of REEF’s business
- Manage REEF’s PR agency as required
- Maintain relationships with key journalists, influencers, officials and partners in key regions.
What We Want From You
- 5+ years of corporate communications & PR experience, preferably at startups and high-growth companies
- 3+ years of experience developing and executing crisis communications strategy
- Extensive experience managing executive communications and thought leadership strategy across both public policy and business platforms
- Extensive relationships with key media, business, and industry leaders across North America
- Experience managing PR agencies
- Be a strong self-starter who is eager to make their mark in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization
- Experience working across various regions and/or territories
- Ability to develop strategic plans and advise senior leaders while also delivering at the tactical/operational level – this person should be able to conceptualize a strategy and directly implement and engage media
- Excellent organization, communication, writing and presentation skills: experience managing teams and working collaboratively across multiple levels, functions and regions
- Must be capable of managing multiple issues and projects at once. Prioritization is key to success.
What We’ll Provide:
- Life & Disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequently operate small office equipment such as a computer, tablet, and copier/printer, telephone.
- Work is performed in a professional office environment.
Work is performed indoors for extended periods of time including up to the entire duration of shift.
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-11-14