Corporate Communications Manager
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role:
Robinhood is hiring a corporate communications manager to support its growing corporate communications team. The ideal candidate is highly strategic with experience managing crises, leading communications for complex financial matters, executing campaigns that elevate company narratives, working with media, and advising senior executives.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Develop and execute on communications programs that elevate the company
- Handle financial communications, including company filings and industry conferences
- Lead profile raising initiatives for executives, including identifying speaking engagements, preparing briefing materials, and staffing media interviews
- Support crisis communications
- Build and supporting our relationships with third party advocates
- Collaborating with multiple functions and teams across the company such as Legal, Compliance, Investor Relations, and Operations
- Build and maintaining positive relationships with journalists
- Support day-to-day communication needs
- 7+ years of communications experience, including experience at a high-growth technology or financial services company
- Experience working closely with executives
- Media relations experience and a deep understanding of business and tech media
- Experience running crisis response and managing high-stakes issues
- Ability to build phenomenal cross-functional relationships
- Proven understanding of complex financial topics and a willingness to learn
- Portfolio of media results that spotlight your ability to deliver outstanding media coverage
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Experience building relationships with positive third party advocates
- Experience working at a fintech company
- Experience working cross-functionally with compliance and legal colleagues
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-28