Corporate Communications Manager
At Scribd (pronounced “scribbed”), we believe reading is more important than ever. Join our cast of characters as we work to change the way the world reads by building the world’s largest and most fascinating digital library: giving subscribers access to a growing collection of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, documents, Scribd Originals, and more. In addition to works from major publishers and top authors, our community includes over 1.5M subscribers in nearly every country worldwide.
We’re looking for a Corporate Communications Manager to develop and execute a strategy that ensures a unified, consistent, and positive message that defines and promotes Scribd’s corporate identity and mission. Key responsibilities include helping to redefine our corporate storytelling internally and externally, elevating our crisis and reputation management, and positioning the company for growth. This is a high-impact role that will be in charge of building our brand awareness and enhancing corporate reputation while storytelling the importance of our mission: to change the way the world reads.
About the team
The Scribd Communications team is a dynamic group of professionals who are passionate about sharing Scribd’s mission with the world. Set within the marketing department, we are aligned with company priorities and a shared goal. An important company function, the Communications team currently oversees corporate and consumer global brand storytelling; crisis response and reputation management; social media strategy, execution, content development, and community management; influencer marketing; and the marketing and communications for Scribd Originals content.
• You thrive on developing and executing strategies in a constantly evolving environment.
• You have a deep knowledge of and experience in corporate positioning and communications for global companies; internal and external issues management and crisis communications; and the ability to articulate ambitions and specific needs to stakeholders at every level.
• You are a master at working holistically, creating seamless plans and messages that resonate and are nuanced for each audience.
• You have worked with private and public companies and comprehend the obstacles inherent in messaging each.
• Develop and lead corporate communications efforts that elevate company goals through thought leadership, corporate storytelling, crisis communications, and internal communications.
• Oversee and help corporate PR initiatives and events in the US and key global markets, including Mexico and Australia.
• Fuel industry awareness and position Scribd for future growth.
• Act as the main point of contact for internal and crisis communications, developing new procedures, as needed, to create a uniform approach and response.
• Cultivate close relationships with leaders, media, and influencers in the publishing and consumer technology spaces.
• Create and execute visibility programs for key executives.
• 8+ years experience in corporate communications, preferably for a consumer-facing company; agency or fast-paced environment experience required.
• Experience creating authentic voices for key executives while leveraging the right stakeholder for specific opportunities.
• Expertise in defining and crafting positioning and managing company messaging through expansion or IPO.
• A deep comprehension of financial communications, messaging leadership changes, and media relations, as well as issues management.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills; bonus points for fluency in Spanish.
Benefits, Perks, and Wellbeing at Scribd
• Healthcare Benefits: Scribd pays 100% of employee’s Medical, Vision, and Dental premiums and 70% of dependents
• Leaves: Paid parental leave, 100% company paid short-term/long-term disability plans and milestone Sabbaticals
• 401k plan through Fidelity, plus company matching with no vesting period
• Stock Options – every employee is an owner in Scribd!
• Generous Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Flexible Sick Time, Volunteer Day + office closure between Christmas Eve and New Years Day
• Referral bonuses
• Professional development: generous annual budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes, and other events
• Company-wide Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion programs which include learning & development opportunities, employee resource groups, and hiring best practices.
• Learning & Development and Coaching programs
• Monthly Wellness, Connectivity & Comfort Benefit
• Concern mental health digital platform
• Work-life balance flexibility
• Company events + Scribdchats
• Free subscription to Scribd + gift memberships for friends & family
Want to learn more? Check out our office and meet some of the team at www.linkedin.com/company/scribd/life
Scribd is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-09-12