Corporate Communications Manager
Purple is a world leader in combining innovative thought with comfort solutions for every body. To us, comfort means more than great products, it means empowering every employee to feel comfortable being themselves. We believe diversity, in all its forms, helps us be a better company. Purple has 100+ granted and pending patents along with industry-defining marketing campaigns. We guarantee your career at Purple will be a one-of-a-kind “Career in Comfort.” We invite you to join one of the fastest growing consumer product companies, adding to our team of amazing individuals who will help us take over the world — starting with the mattress industry.
The Corporate Communications Manager at Purple is responsible for sharing the company’s compelling story and strong business performance to key stakeholder groups including business and trade media, community leaders, government representatives and employees. The Corporate Communications Manager partners closely with diverse internal teams to build programs that communicate Purple’s vision, explain its strategy and enhance its corporate reputation.
This role is responsible for driving strategic external corporate communications initiatives for the company, working to develop and deploy communication strategies that are consistent with Purple’s corporate strategy. They will work to elevate the CEO and other key executive team members within the organization by recommending engagement (including speaking and byline opportunities) and media opportunities.
The Corporate Communications Manager works in tandem with the Communications Director to provide advice and leadership, including advising Purple’s senior leadership team on external communications and thought leadership opportunities. The role requires a strong focus on strategies to increase visibility and influence, and to support the achievement of operational goals. Effective relationship-building, strategic communications, and B2B partnerships are key demands in this role.
- Responsible for identifying and developing engaging/effective storytelling opportunities to be used in business and financial media opportunities
- Align goals and messages by working alongside executive leadership team, managers and employees within all areas of the business; help guide business decisions with the company’s corporate reputation in mind
- Share impactful narratives, bringing our local and regional stories to life
- Evaluate and recommend engagement opportunities for CEO and other key spokespeople within the organization (including speaking and byline opportunities)
- Collaborate with legal team on developing and running a government relations strategy
- Support communications during crisis situations, especially when it could effect corporate perception and reputation
- Work collaboratively with PR, brand and HR teams to ensure consistent and effective communication
- Provide communications counsel based on best practices, market research, trends and reputational risks
- Create thought leaders within the organization that can be used in a variety of platforms, including media, blogs and social media
- Define credentialed external experts to be used in various media opportunities to provide credibility and a favorable reputation
- Develop content for presentations, speeches and written communications for all levels of the organization
- Evaluate and recommend award submissions for company and key personnel
- Develop and lead the company’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program, including cause marketing efforts, non-profit partners and sustainability initiatives
- Strong experience with significant communication and writing responsibility in a corporate setting – including working with senior leadership
- Able to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization and create a tailored approach to reach various audiences
- Combined thinker and doer who can pivot their skills and attention to multiple projects and maintain high-caliber results
- The ability to lead from an individual contributor role while integrated into the broader Communications & PR team is important
- Strong professional presence and the ability to partner and manage effectively at all levels are critical in this role
- Good sense of judgment and discretion in the face of challenging or sensitive situations
- Demonstrated track record of success delivering results and exceeding expectations
- Ability to leverage working knowledge of technology platforms, evolving communication channels, and social media tools
- Exceptional organizational skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize workload, and concurrently manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment without compromising quality
- Ability to calmly solve problems and guide responses in high-pressure situations
- Resourceful, proactive and passionate about providing an exceptional experience for our employees
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience in communications, strategic communications, public relations or business development
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Strategic Communications, Public Relations or Business
- Master’s Degree in Strategic Communications preferred
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) Match
- Generous PTO
- Market Money
- Earn a Mattress
- Purple Swag
- Amazing Purple Products
WHY WORK AT PURPLE?
Make your mark: We value innovative thinking. At Purple, you will be empowered to bring your ideas to life as we work together to improve people’s lives through comfort.
Gain unique experience: Be a part of one of the fastest growing companies in Utah! The contributions you make will matter at Purple as the company continues to grow with you.
- Awesome culture: Join the tight-knit team at Purple and you can enjoy working alongside industry experts, making close friends, and annual employee appreciation events.
Purple provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-08-24