Corporate Communications Manager
San Francisco, CA
We’re here to create a safer, happier and more mindful future for all with the help of data science, engineering, design, and mobile technology. We’re starting by reinventing insurance, by rethinking the technologies that enable it, but our true goal is to build a platform that rewards people for driving well — creating safer roads with fewer accidents in the process.
Backed by impressive funding, we’re poised to re-engineer a trillion-dollar category, and that’s just the beginning. We’re using rich customer insights, advanced technology and data science to build our cloud-native InsurTech solution, and other things we haven’t even dreamt up yet. We’re out to change behavior and promote mindful living at a societal level. But the key to us being successful in our mission isn’t just about nailing the technology—it’s about hiring the talented people who can help us make a quantifiable impact in the world. We’re growing our world-class team.
And that’s where you come in.
We see communications as strategic storytelling tied to every brand communication channel internally and externally. The role of Corporate Communications Specialist is multifaceted and requires a diverse set of interests, with the ability to multitask and streamline communication projects effectively depending on the audience. Success in the role requires a highly collaborative, creative, and self motivated individual. Responsibilities include the support and implementation of comprehensive communications programs for initiatives spanning employee and customer lifecycles. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Communications under Growth- Brand Marketing & Communications.
Working closely with the brand team, the Corporate Communications Manager will help create communication programs that enhance our brand convictions and actions for employees and customers. This role isn’t just about creating and managing communications; we’re looking for someone to be a strong thought partner and to help strategically problem solve as challenges arise. Candidates must have strong analytical, creative, and diverse writing skills to develop and execute assignments, as well as generate new and unique ideas. Superior organizational skills are required to adapt to evolving needs and to track communication initiatives across multiple channels.
- You’re excited to jump into a growing company, crafting communications that build a brand culture people want to be a part of. You’re willing to dive into the insurtech category and understand how our business works. You build rapport to quickly understand dynamics and opportunity spaces, getting your hands dirty to achieve results in formal and informal communications channels.
- You are proactive in managing multiple projects with a demonstrated approach to organizing tasks into an efficient work flow. You use your passion and acumen to deliver results with your team — be it employee engagement activities, internal/corporate communications, media pitching/management, customer communications, or speech writing. You bring an existing skill set, but are a curious learner who wants to keep growing with our team and organization.
- You have a deep understanding of capital “B” Brand and how it’s activated. We don’t simply think of our brand as the visual and written manifestation of who we are. We see it as the lead vision for how we reinvent insurance- embedded in every experience our audience has with us.
- Your audience is your obsession. Working across corporate communications, you get to know your audiences well be it executive, employee, media, or customer. You have the ability to productively converse, cater to, and evolve your approach depending on who you’re creating for.
- You excel at written and verbal communication. Content with impact is the core of your role. You have demonstrated and continuously improving competencies in writing, editing, proofreading, and speaking.
- You’re highly organized and able to manage multiple projects at once. You thrive in a fast-paced environment. You balance priorities while maintaining strong focus on execution and results, responding quickly to time-sensitive communications. You’re incredibly organized and adept at creating workback schedules to execute on communications. Though you always have a plan, you remain nimble, readying yourself to jump on opportunities when they arise.
- You synthesize and self start. You have the ability to quickly grasp information across a variety of disciplines and subsequently develop clear communications with minimal guidance.
- You collaborate and own outcomes.You’re a great listener, open to feedback and have a high attention to detail. You’re low ego and able to adapt to new information or constructive guidance. You involve collaborators throughout the communications process and maximize opportunities to deliver amazing work that generates results with your target audience.
- Maintain a deep understanding of brand, audience, and company objectives on an ongoing basis to ensure all communications make clear how the work ties back to our broader mission, goals, and values.
- Activate on internal and external communications strategies, working extensively with subject matter experts to research and translate information into clear and engaging communications that achieve company goals.
- Gain a deep understanding of our products, policies, services, and objectives and distill these into easy-to-understand and connected communications on a wide variety of topics that support the company strategy.
- Provide input on messaging and positioning, and influence stakeholders as needed to ensure communications are impactful and aligned with our desired tone.
- Work with channel owners to identify objectives and oversee communication plans including management of internal communication tools like Slack, Intranet, and email.
- Create opportunities for dialogue across all levels of the organization. This will include drafting written communications, developing presentations for All Hands, monitoring Slack to engage with employees, and hosting employee engagement events.
- Source editorial content, conduct interviews, capture photographs and solicit testimonials with internal and external audiences.
- Use brand standards to write memorable, compelling, and engaging content in an audience appropriate tone including investor and employee communications, press releases, content for our career sites, blogs, social media postings and change management communications.
- Coach and build-up the presentation ability of spokespeople and executives who communicate to the company
- Support internal partners in the development of meeting agendas, presentations, change management, and new policy adoption.
- Utilize our employee listening channels (e.g., All Hands meetings, Slack, engagement surveys, Office Hours) to ensure we are listening and learning from our employees and grounding our communications in data.
- Work with the HR team to manage internal and external surveys for employee engagement.
- Plan strategic brand aligned employee engagement activities across mediums.
- Partner closely with designers to create audience centric collateral and layouts for communications including Google Slides presentations, documentation, and event specific collateral.
- Act as primary point of contact and lead detailed communication plans for communication projects such as executive communications, product launches, change management, investor relations, and campaigns.
- Identify and communicate urgent priorities and keep all parts of the creative communication process on track to meet deadlines.
- Track results and apply key learnings to improve future communications, content, and engagement.You should be comfortable trying new things in order to see what resonates best with our various audiences.
- Other special projects as requested by management.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- 3-4 years of communications experience in an in-house, agency, or startup environment
- Demonstrated results in problem solving, strategic, creative thinker comfortable with generating ideas and plans, and getting those plans across the finish line.
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout/design skills; must be able to communicate concepts effectively.
- Substantial project management and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and change direction quickly according to fast-evolving business needs.
- Passionate, positive, self-starter who enjoys working in a cross-functional team environment.
- Strong knowledge of Google Suite, Slack, and Jira preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism or equivalent experience.
- Media training and spokesperson experience
- Social and earned media experience
- Experience with change management, crisis communications, and executive communications preferred
- Salary: We invest in first-rate people and pay top-of-market salaries for most positions, factoring in experience, talent and location. We do not offer equity.
- Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), wellness reimbursement, four weeks of vacation + six weeks of parental leave, and great work-life balance. Our office building offers on-site shower and bike stalls, and panoramic views of San Francisco.
- Location: Due to COVID-19 our teams are all working remotely through 2020. We provide an in-home office set-up including laptop, monitor, ergonomic desk, chair and other items as needed
- Location: Post COVID-19: San Francisco, CA near Montgomery Bart Station
What We Need:
- Please submit a resume and a brief but compelling cover letter.
BlueOwl, LLC is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you are a San Francisco resident, please read the City and County of San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance notice. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Job posted: 2020-09-15