Corporate Communications Manager & Foundation Director
Leads internal communications, employer branding, and philanthropic efforts for the organization. Oversees corporate communication strategy that bolsters morale, retention and engagement of team members. Partners with public relations and marketing department to ensure alignment across all segments of communications. Collaborates with internal stakeholders to provide strategic communications counsel and develops consistent corporate messaging that supports the business strategy, culture, and brand through all communication channels. Manages and markets Pella’s employer brand both internally and externally to enhance recruiting efforts, attract candidates, and build employee advocacy and loyalty. Acts as executive director for the company foundation and leads philanthropic efforts for the organization in alignment with employer branding and company goals. Leads corporate communication and foundation team and oversees partnerships with external vendors
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Communications & Employer Branding Specific
- Develops, implements and manages internal communications strategy that increases employee engagement and commitment to delivering on business objectives—strategy should be future-forward, holistic and all encompassing, including audience, channel, touch point, media, content/messaging, and technology considerations.
- Responsible for developing and implementing effective corporate communications for all employee segments, including company-wide and targeted messaging that builds awareness, engagement, and alignment around corporate priorities and showcases Pella’s differentiated employer brand.
- Leads communications strategy and messaging for merger and acquisition activity, new locations, and business transitions.
- Leads Pella’s employer branding efforts internally and via social networks; develops strategies and content to attract talent, create employee advocates, and garner employee engagement
- Serve as an active member of cross-functional issue-management team; helps effectively identify, prepare for, and respond to reputational issues.
- Manages company-wide meetings and other internal events
- Develops messaging for senior leaders that align with strategic objectives; creates speeches, communications, presentations, and bulletins as corporate needs require
- Promotes Pella Corporation culture, celebrates and recognizes employee achievement, and increases employee engagement through communications, programs, and by example.
- Helps ensure leadership is attuned to the voice of team members.
- Provide internal communications support to cross-functional departments and corporate teams; builds relationships throughout the business.
- Measures effectiveness of communications and stays up-to-date on corporate communications trends and best practices.
- Manages special projects as assigned.
- Develops and manages foundation’s strategic direction, annual plan and budget in alignment with corporate philanthropic goals.
- Promotes and recognizes team member philanthropy and volunteerism both internally and within the community.
- Oversees foundation programs including, but not limited to, matching gifts, volunteer recognition, spirit awards, sons and daughter scholarships, and community grant-giving.
- Partners with non-profits and community leaders to enhance the quality of living in the communities in which Pella Corporation operates.
Directly supervises three employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
KEY COMPETENCIES – Requires:
- The agility to work and prioritize efforts in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Discretion to handle sensitive or proprietary company information in a confidential manner.
- A proactive, flexible, results-oriented problem solver.
- Advanced project management and communication planning skills. Ability to manage multiple complex projects concurrently.
- Strong interpersonal/listening and oral/written communication and presentation skills
- Experience with a range of communication technologies and channels such as intranet, email, social networks, engagement platforms, video production, content management systems, etc.
- Strong collaborative and consultative skills. Ability to cultivate productive working relationships at all levels, gain trust of business leaders quickly, and influence without authority.
- High level of self-motivation and the ability to work independently, as a member of a team, as well with all types and levels of employees
- Previous Corporate Communications, Marketing, and/or Human Resources experience
- Strong business acumen. Ability to translate complex business objectives into readily understandable communications for a variety of audiences.
- Proficiency in Word, Photoshop, Excel, OneNote and PowerPoint
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to write communications using original or innovative techniques or style.
- Ability to develop and make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations to top management, team members, and public groups
- Ability to develop comprehensive communication plans
- Ability to collaborate with and influence others
- Ability to develop a budget and manage for the department
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- An understanding of all areas of the organization and vision to determine how communications and subsequent decisions affect all team members.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write communications using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Position may at times require heavy travel in the case of an acquisition or sale of a business. Estimate is that out of state travel could be as high as 20% on an annual basis understanding that it may not be evenly spread throughout the year.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred), or five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-01