Corporate Communications & Media Relations Manager
The American Urological Association (AUA), the premier urologic association providing support to the urologic community, is currently searching for an experienced and well-connected Corporate Communications & Media Relations Manager who will be a part of the team in our Linthicum, Maryland office.
This position is responsible for developing, managing, and executing short- and long-term corporate communications and media relations strategies to enhance visibility with key stakeholders, as well as advance the organization’s reputation, mission, and goals. This includes managing media and government relations, strategic communications, social media, web content, and select publications. This position will have direct reports.
The individual in this position will:
- Develop an annual Corporate Communications and Media Relations Strategic Plan.
- Manage the planning and daily operations related to corporate, digital, and advocacy communications, as well as crisis management and media/public relations.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with journalists, bloggers, key influences, and other relevant media professionals to secure maximum media and editorial coverage for the AUA and Urology Care Foundation.
- Integrate communications strategies across social, web, and other platforms to ensure messages are consistent, target audiences are reached and communications campaigns resonate with key stakeholders.
- Act as a primary liaison between the AUA, Urology Care Foundation and the media.
- Keep current on best practices in media relations, public affairs, and corporate communications and conduct periodic research to determine the effectiveness of our external communication channels and messaging.
- Use data to define, measure, and report on performance, as well as to make data-driven decisions.
- Develop and maintain assigned budgets, in conjunction with senior management.
To be Successful
Candidates must provide leadership and have effective communication skills. It is essential the individual in this role be an effective decision-maker, as well as highly flexible and results-oriented. In addition:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or public relations required.
- Five to seven years in strategic communications with experience in corporate communications, public affairs, advocacy, print, broadcast journalism, or related areas.
- Two to four years of staff management or oversight experience.
- Must be able to build effective working relationships with a diverse group of constituents, including consumer audiences and domestic and international physicians.
- Successful track record implementing strategic media plans and placing stories in key media outlets required.
- Proficient with data analytics, media analysis, media monitoring tools, and other relevant statistical tools.
- Able to work well with others.
- Excellent writing and English grammar skills required.
- Experience using the web and social media as an effective communications tool.
- Internet and Microsoft Office skills required.
What we have to Offer
We strive to create a positive experience for employees through our commitment to effective talent acquisition and onboarding, talent management, and career development, providing a positive working environment, and our focus on physical, mental, and financial wellness. We offer a highly competitive total compensation package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; discretionary contribution and 403(b) plans; generous leave program; paid holidays; sick leave; on-site gym; company-paid life, LTD, and STD insurance; beautiful facility; very generous contributions to continuing education and tuition reimbursement.
We welcome interested and qualified candidates to apply for this position by visiting our Career Center. No relocation is available for this position.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-11-11