Corporate Communications & Media Relations Senior Manager, Global Public Affairs – SVP
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Job Function: Comms & External Relations
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19029949
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Propositionexplains what we do and Citi Leadership Standardsexplain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The Corporate Communications team is a nimble team in Global Public Affairs that covers a broad scope of responsibilities, ranging from support for the CEO’s public engagements to quarterly earnings, sponsorship and corporate responsibility including our philanthropic and community development efforts. The nature of the work provides a dynamic environment where members of the team serve as company spokespeople to media and other external stakeholders. Within Citi, the team works with many internal partners, including senior leadership, and regularly coordinates closely with other members of the Global Public Affairs team in regions across the world.
This is a high energy, hardworking and affable team that values colleagues who can anticipate what needs to get done and act accordingly, are quick thinkers and can problem solve matters that arise unexpectedly, are intellectually curious, and who have high professional standards and thoughtful work product.We bring a client service attitude to our work at all times and always strive to be energetic and maintain a good sense of humor.This role reports to Director, Corporate Communications.
This role will help drive key strategic areas for the Corporate Communications team including media strategy, media relations, issues management and social media.It is an excellent opportunity to play an important role on a fast moving, top-notch corporate communications team.
Among the responsibilities:
- Support communications objectives and issues management across areas including but not limited to corporate responsibility, sustainability, innovation, community development, HR/Diversity
- Develop and executive media strategies and a range of communication materials including press releases, media statements and social media posts
- Directly support senior executives across the firm in their external media engagements
- Manage content planning, development and amplification in coordination with team, and work with stakeholders internally and externally to obtain, develop and approve content
- Coordinate strategic announcements with internal and external partners and liaise with agencies on a regular basis
- Monitor media trends and social media dialogue, analyze and make recommendations for action
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field
- 7+ years’ of relevant work experience, within a global company or agency highly preferred
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced corporate environment including experience working in a role with a robust digital or social media component
- Strong relationship management skills and experience working with stakeholders cross-functionally and globally
- Superior writing skills
- Experience managing third-party agency relationships
- Integrity, maturity, dependability and a positive professional attitude
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-07-03