Corporate Communications and PR Manager
Perdue Farms is a family-owned food and agriculture company heading into it’s second century of growth and innovation. We were founded on trust—a value that carries through everything we do. Perdue Foods is a leader in Premium Proteins and Perdue AgriBusiness ranks among the top US grain companies.
The Manager of Corporate Communications and Public Relations is responsible for supporting the planning and implementation of various internal and external communications projects for Perdue Farms and its Brands. This role is engaged in all stages of communications initiatives – including concept formulation, execution, message development and strategic counsel. The successful candidate must have a strong background in both internal and external communications, including experience in both corporate and CPG brand/product public relations. Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills, a proven ability to consistently make sound judgments, engage and build trust with senior executives and effectively collaborate with others while driving measurable results.
This position will be based in Salisbury, MD at our Corporate HQ – Relocation package is available for eligible candidates.
- Assist in the development of integrated internal/external strategies and tactics designed to maximize the visibility of the company and its brands among national and local news media.
- Assist in implementing Perdue’s earned media strategy, to support the company’s strategic business priorities and measurably enhance the reputation of our company and brands.
- Support and amplify brand activities and messaging through strategic public relations.
- Editing and copywriting for all types of internal and external communications.
- Support management of crisis communications, including recalls, market withdrawals, business interruptions and other unplanned events.
- Assist various departments with communication needs and communications planning; serve as a trusted advisor to internal and external stakeholders on communications subjects.
- Develop and execute strategies and messages to support effective, timely, and accurate communications to internal and external stakeholders.
- Plan and oversee media outreach and events, including, but not limited to, story pitching, press releases and media materials and media tours. Serve as company spokesperson as needed.
- Measure and analyze communication program effectiveness, make adjustments as needed
REQUIRED: Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related major plus 3-5 years of in-house or agency public relations or communications experience. Must have experience with a consumer-facing company.
- Hands-on experience leading consumer PR campaigns and earning measurable results
- Proven ability to develop and successfully implement communications and PR strategies
- Understanding of emerging trends and technologies influencing earned media
- Must be a self-starter who works well both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage media relations and develop trusted relationships with members of the press
- Detail-oriented, analytical thinker comfortable working with executive-level decision makers
- Skilled in synthesizing complex business and industry issues/concepts into relevant and compelling communications for a variety of audiences
- Ability to create communications content across a full range of media
- Demonstrate writing excellence when crafting materials and correspondence
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced, high-visibility environment
- 5+ years of related experience
- Knowledge of food and agriculture production
- Experience as a company spokesperson
Learn more here
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job posted: 2020-06-01