Corporate Communications Senior Specialist
The Corporate Communications team is responsible for promoting and supporting the Nordstrom reputation with key external audiences. As a senior specialist, you’ll help develop and execute strategic communications plans, identify key trends and communications opportunities to tell our story.
A day in the life…
- Contribute to the development and execution of strategic communications plans and messaging for topics including diversity/inclusion/belonging, litigation, privacy, and various customer, employee and product issues and crises
- Support crisis communications by helping to develop response strategy, guidelines and messaging across channels (media, internal comms, social media, website), utilizing proven PR experience to maintain company’s reputation
- Identify the need for and develop, write and coordinate communications materials including fact sheets, press releases, messaging, blog posts, internal communications, media statements, customer letters, images and/or videos, reports and other documents, with limited feedback from manager
- Proactively identify, anticipate and help develop strategy and messaging to mitigate potential issues that may impact company’s reputation
- Provide ongoing media management support, including: pitching, responding to and tracking inquiries, monitoring, identifying relevant media outlets/contacts for relationship building
- Partner with business units across the company to support communication needs and resolve issues efficiently and effectively
You own this if you have…
- 7+ years’ experience in communications, public relations, public affairs or related field (PR agency preferred, but not required)
- Experience with issues management and/or crisis response
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in media tracking, reporting, research
- Ability to consistently deliver accurate, professional and superior quality deliverables
- Strong organization, attention to detail and problem-solving skills
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points…
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2020 Nordstrom, Inc.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-07-31