Corporate Communications Specialist #1026
Position Summary: It’s not every day that you find a job at 105-year-old global company – one that employs more than 6,000 people around the world. This position is responsible for creating and developing engaging, interesting and consistent communication strategies for people who work in 31 countries around the world, in roles ranging from finance and engineering to sales, tech support, and plant operators.
In this job, you’ll help develop and lead several initiatives to increase communications from Brady leadership; share success stories company-wide; and develop engaging content for a variety of channels including Brady’s intranet, weekly e-newsletters, corporate social media accounts and other channels. Additionally, this position helps lead in the promotion of several employee engagement initiatives.
We’re looking for an organized, hands-on team player who instinctively works in a collaborative manner, has the judgment to prioritize competing demands and will provide sound communication counsel to a multitude of internal stakeholders. If you’ve worked in communications, you already know how critical flexibility is. A proven track record as a writer is essential. Most importantly, Brady is an innovation company. If you’re ready to approach communications challenges with a fresh perspective, we want to hear from you.
This role will report to the Director of Corporate Communications.
- Identify, produce or write content for employee communication channels including our intranet, weekly enewsletter, video and more. Proactively identify Brady news and feature stories and develop appropriate content for internal audiences
- Support an employee communications effort that boosts employee engagement and productivity
- Draft and send employee communications
- Define and track key metrics for measuring the success of internal communications programs
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with leaders across the company
- Play a key role in producing employee and leadership events
- Assist in developing presentations, including talking points and key messages, for use by Brady’s leadership team as necessary.
- Promote employee engagement activities
- Monitor Brady Corporation in the media
- Support Director of Communications and Brady leadership in preparing quarterly communications for board meetings, investor calls and company-wide meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree in public relations, communications, journalism or related field from a four-year college or university.
- Minimum 4 years of public relations or corporate communications experience.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be a confident communicator and presenter
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, and an ability to present concepts verbally
- Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills
- Some event coordination
- Experience with a variety of external media, including the ability to pitch stories
- Superior project management and time management skills
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management
Brady Corporation is an international manufacturer and marketer of complete solutions that identify and protect people, products and places. Brady’s products help customers increase safety, security, productivity and performance and include high-performance labels, signs, safety devices, printing systems and software. Founded in 1914, the Company has a diverse customer base in electronics, telecommunications, manufacturing, electrical, construction, medical, aerospace and a variety of other industries.
Brady is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and as of July 31, 2019, employed approximately 6,100 people in its worldwide businesses. Brady’s fiscal 2019 sales were approximately $1.16 billion. Brady stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol BRC. More information is available on the Internet at www.bradycorp.com.
Learn more here
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal “EEO is the Law” poster at EEOPost.pdf
Job posted: 2020-09-11