Corporate Communications Specialist
At Lundbeck, we are tirelessly dedicated to restoring brain health so every person can be their best. Headquartered in Copenhagen with a U.S. home office in Deerfield, Ill., Lundbeck is the only global biopharmaceutical company focused solely on brain diseases. Our legacy in neuroscience goes back seven decades and we have a long heritage of innovation. Lundbeck has developed and commercialized some of the world’s most widely prescribed therapies for psychiatric and neurological disorders. Today, we remain uncompromisingly committed to improving the quality of life for people impacted by brain disorders. Lundbeck is unique from other biopharmaceutical companies in that we are 70 percent owned by a research-focused foundation. We have a deep and productive pipeline, and we continue to bring forward symptomatic therapies to help people live better lives, while simultaneously pursuing disease-modifying treatments.
The Corporate Communications Specialist is responsible for supporting various communications strategies to amplify the Lundbeck story and advance the company’s corporate reputation. This individual will primarily support the development of corporate materials and digital content – including corporate social media – that build awareness of Lundbeck’s unique brand attributes and reinforce its leadership in neuroscience. This individual will utilize storytelling to create high-impact content that drives interest and measurable engagement. The Corporate Communications Specialist also will help to manage the company’s Community Relations efforts and support the execution of communications tactics aligned to corporate strategic priorities. To ensure external corporate communications are seamless with internal communications, the Corporate Communications Specialist will have involvement with internal communications efforts, specifically assisting with employee communications as needed.
Building Corporate Reputation
- Enhances Lundbeck’s ability to effectively tell its story through print, digital and video content
- Supports execution of measurable corporate reputation campaigns
- Assists in the development and management of content calendar and channel plans
- Utilizes exceptional writing skills to develop engaging, channel-appropriate content
- Develops social media content and creative assets
- Assists with updates to corporate website
- Ensures brand consistency across corporate content
- Manages creation and updating of corporate materials, manages inventory of corporate materials, seeks end-user feedback to ensure materials are utilized and effective
- Supports community relations efforts on behalf of the company, especially Lundbeck’s signature program with Perspectives/IIT Math & Science Academy and other unsolicited opportunities
- Builds employee understanding of and engagement with Perspectives relationship. Manages Internship Program, Scholarship Program, and annual school supplies drive
- Creates materials and content to showcase our community efforts externally
Supporting Internal Organizational Communications
- To ensure external corporate communications are seamless with internal communications, the Corporate Communications Specialist will have involvement with internal communications efforts, specifically assisting with employee communications as needed.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
- Accredited Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of Communications-related experience
- Strong writing skills and content development experience across all formats (social, long-form, email, etc.)
- Excellent project management skills
- Self-starter, able to work well as a member of a team, but also work independently with limited oversight
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Accredited Bachelor’s degree preferably in communications, English, journalism or related field
- Ability to work well under pressure, and to deal well with competing priorities and a changing business environment
- Proven ability to meet or exceed deadlines
- Willingness/Ability to travel 5-10% domestically. International travel may be required.
Lundbeck is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law, rule, or regulation. Lundbeck participates in E-Verify.
Lundbeck is a global pharmaceutical company specialized in brain diseases. For more than 70 years, we have been at the forefront of neuroscience research. We are tirelessly dedicated to restoring brain health, so every person can be their best.
An estimated 700 million people worldwide are living with brain diseases and far too many suffer due to inadequate treatment, discrimination, a reduced number of working days, early retirement and other unnecessary consequences. Every day, we strive for improved treatment and a better life for people living with brain diseases – we call this Progress in Mind.
Read more at www.lundbeck.com/global/about-us/progress-in-mind.
Our approximately 5,000 employees in more than 50 countries are engaged in the entire value chain throughout research, development, production, marketing and sales. Our pipeline consists of several late-stage development programs and our products are available in more than 100 countries. Our research center is based in Denmark and our production facilities are located in Denmark, France and Italy. Lundbeck generated revenue of DKK 18.1 billion in 2018 (EUR 2.4 billion; USD 2.8 billion).
For additional information, we encourage you to visit our corporate site www.lundbeck.com and connect with us on Twitter at @Lundbeck and via LinkedIn.
Job posted: 2020-07-21