Corporate Communications Specialist
DISH is a Fortune 200 company with more than $15 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the launch of the first live, internet-delivered TV Service – Sling TV, that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We have a bold sense of pride, adventure, and desire to win – it’s in our DNA. And we’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
As a member of the Corporate Communications, Market-Facing public relations team, you will work cross-functionally to help communicate DISH, SLING and Boost Mobile stories to journalists and other thought leaders. We’re looking for great communicators who can understand complex issues and explain them in person and in writing via blog posts, social media, FAQs, video scripts and more.
This role will support the development and execution of external communications and media relations that advance the reputational interests of DISH. This includes proactive and reactive issues management, as well as press activities that promote DISH services to consumer, business and trade reporters, including print, online, broadcast and social media.
- Support the Corporate Communications team through research and situation analysis.
- Work with cross-functional teams (e.g. programming, legal, marketing) to develop, advance and deliver effective messaging to media and other constituencies (e.g. news releases, media advisories, presentations, FAQs, social media and events).
- Identify and coordinate press opportunities and angles; execute on strategies that drive reporter engagement and media coverage for DISH.
- Develop relationships with journalists to pitch stories and communicate complex ideas in simple terms.
- Counsel to key internal clients on external communications, including program planning, message development and implementation.
- Measure and report results regularly and provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Create and maintain systems for interacting with the press, including lists and databases.
A successful Corporate Communications Specialist will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; journalism, public relations or communications degree(s) and/or combination of relevant experience.
- Minimum one year of corporate or agency public relations experience; or relevant internship experience in combination with preferred degree(s) and foundational understanding of public relations basics.
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, within a high-performance environment.
- Ability to move multiple projects simultaneously with speed, accuracy and grace; maintains good judgment during high-stress situations.
- Capacity to learn quickly and adapt to and in dynamic environments.
- Energetic, proactive, well-organized professional who thrives in a team-oriented environment.
Job posted: 2020-09-27