Corporate Communications Vice President
DescriptionAbout this role
The global Corporate Communications team at BlackRock is responsible for internal and external communications efforts that advance BlackRock’s purpose of helping more and more people experience financial well-being. We work to develop compelling communications programs that enhance the firm’s culture, drive growth, strengthen our reputation and build our brand.
Your role and impact
Based in New York, you will support BlackRock’s Corporate Communications efforts in Latin America, the firm’s fastest growing region. You will be a member of the Americas Corporate Communications team, reporting to the Head of Corporate Communications for Latin America.
The role is critical to increase BlackRock’s brand awareness and shape the firm’s narrative locally. You will contribute to the successful implementation of BlackRock’s corporate communications strategy in Latin America. BlackRock’s presence in the region includes offices in Mexico City, São Paulo, Santiago, Bogotá, and Lima. You will also cover corporate communications for our Miami-based Offshore Wealth business, which caters primarily to Latin American investors.
You will help shape the firm’s corporate narrative and work closely with local leadership, sales and marketing to align communications with commercial priorities. The role will involve having an established and thorough understanding of BlackRock, its commercial platform, and capabilities. You will proactively drive media coverage and public engagements via the appropriate spokespeople enhancing BlackRock’s local brand awareness and ensuring the firm’s share of voice is strategically and appropriately presented.
- Implement BlackRock’s corporate communications strategy in Latin America.
- Maintain close working relationships with internal stakeholders across the Latin America business.
- Manage in-country PR agency teams, providing ongoing guidance and striving for consistency while adapting to local contexts.
- Manage reputational issues as they arise, working closely with the Head of Corporate Communications for Latin America and other internal stakeholders, as appropriate.
- Partner with the Latin America marketing team to roll out stakeholder-centric communications strategies and deliver BlackRock content to relevant target audiences through a multi-channel approach, including earned media, social media and owned digital properties.
- Coordinate media interviews and public speaking engagements with trained spokespeople across the firm, ensuring the topic is defined and the spokesperson is briefed in advance with the relevant key messages.
- Ensure media enquiries are handled in a timely and efficient manner.
- Leverage a full range of written materials including press releases, by-lined articles and reports that support the firm’s objectives in the region.
- 10 years of experience in a corporate communications or public affairs function, ideally in the financial services sector, either in-house or agency.
- A good understanding of, or a strong interest in learning about, the financial services industry.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Deep knowledge of Latin America from a social, economic and cultural perspective. Ideally, you have previously lived/worked in the region.
- Professionally fluent Spanish (Portuguese also preferred but less critical).
- Excellent verbal communication skills and exceptional writing ability.
- Affinity with digital platforms.
- A positive mindset and excellent work ethic.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with resilience and intellectual flexibility.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Job requisition #
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-22