Corporate Counsel, Lobbying & Political Compliance, Global Ethics & Integrity
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We’re looking for a talented and collaborative ethics and compliance attorney to serve as Corporate Counsel leading our lobbying and political law compliance programs. This leader will have an established track record as an in-house political law attorney or law firm experience advising on political law and lobbying compliance.
With oversight from the Vice President, Anti-Corruption for the Office of Global Ethics & Integrity:
- Be the primary legal point of contact overseeing Salesforce’s political law compliance program, including campaign finance, lobbying, gifts and governmental ethics laws, and day-to-day counseling on political law issues
- Implement and enhance policies/procedures for compliance with local, state and Federal lobbying, political activity, campaign finance and government ethics rules and regulations
- Actively collaborate with and support cross-functional teams, such as Government Affairs, Sales, Employee Relations, and Finance to coordinate compliance programs and initiatives.
- Advise marketing teams on government customer stories and press releases and participation at events
- Develop and conduct ethics and compliance training on political law, lobbying, and campaign finance rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- Serve as M&A interface for the function during both acquisition and integration phases
- Advise on privileged inquiries into compliance issues related to political law issues
- At least 5 years legal experience in an in-house legal department or law firm, primarily working on lobbying compliance and political law issues or comparable experience
- Juris Doctor degree and admitted to practice in at least one U.S. jurisdiction
- Experience implementing and aligning programs with a range of cross-functional and business partners
- Facility briefing and counseling senior leaders from different functional areas
- Demonstrated capability to navigate ambiguities and find creative, risk-based solutions to complex problems.
- Superior organization and project management skills
- Analytical mindset and impeccable attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to distill complex political law/lobbying issues for audiences that don’t have political law/lobbying expertise
- Skillfulness at understanding, upholding and instilling the values of the company
- A proactive nature, “can-do” attitude, agility, and flexibility
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize, and manage deadlines in a fast-paced and demanding work environment
- Relationship-building skills and high EQ
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Founded in 1999, Salesforce is the global leader in Customer Relationship Management (CRM). Companies of every size and industry are using Salesforce to transform their businesses, across sales, service, marketing, commerce, and more by connecting with customers in a whole new way. We harness technologies that can revolutionize companies, careers, and, hopefully, our world.
Salesforce is built on a set of four core values: Trust, Customer Success, Innovation, and Equality. By making technology more accessible, we’re helping create a future with greater opportunity and equality for all. This has taken our company to great heights, including being ranked by Fortune as one of the “Most Admired Companies in the World” and one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For” eleven years in a row, and named “Innovator of the Decade” and one of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies” eight years in a row by Forbes.
There are those who choose to work with the best and brightest. And then, there are those who want to do more than just a job. They are the ones improving lives, not only their careers. Having an impact now instead of later. Doing something that’s so much bigger than themselves, an industry, and their company.
We believe everyone can be a Trailblazer. Join Salesforce and discover a future of new opportunities.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-08-18