Corporate Counsel, Regulatory, Project Kuiper
Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
We are looking for a talented regulatory lawyer to join the Amazon Legal team supporting Project Kuiper. You will be a key member of our team responsible for domestic regulatory filings, as well as assist with regulator meetings. The successful candidate will be embedded with Project Kuiper’s Regulatory team, but also work closely with Kuiper’s technical teams, public policy and other stakeholders throughout Amazon as needed. You will learn the technical details of our innovative constellation, satellites, software and ground-based infrastructure. You will also regularly strategize about the best ways we can work with regulators to benefit our customers, particularly those in unserved and underserved communities.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about technology, enjoys being continually challenged, and demonstrates sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
This position will be based in Arlington, Virginia. Some travel, domestic and international, will be required.
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
· J.D. degree from an accredited law school and active membership in one state bar
· 5+ years of experience as an attorney focused on regulatory matters
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· A mix of corporate law firm and in-house experience is a plus
· Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
· Excited and passionate about innovating on behalf of our customers
· Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
· Experience drafting applications, petitions and comments that are submitted in proceedings before the U.S. Federal Communications Commission
· Experience drafting applications, petitions and comments that are submitted in proceedings before the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-07-31