Corporate Director of Brand and Communications
Woodside Hotel Group (www.woodsidehotelgroup.com), a collection of distinguished Northern California hotels, restaurants and spas, is seeking an experienced and strategic leader to join our team as Corporate Director of Brand and Communications.
This individual will lead brand and communications of the Company; overseeing the Woodside portfolio’s brand development, public relations and creative marketing strategies. Responsibilities include maintaining property brand positioning and voice, hotel website design, public relations partnerships and developing creative marketing strategies for each property in the Woodside portfolio.
- Manage creative resources and consultants involved in developing brands, websites and copy
- Develop ideas on how to pull brand through the property experience including collateral material, signage, displays, etc.
- Ensure consistent brand voice throughout all guest, vendor and client communication and conduct ongoing content audits
- Collaborate with VP, Sales & Revenue Strategy, digital marketing and property sales leaders to promote brand awareness and standards
- Own property website design and development projects
- Develop and maintain brand books
- Oversee all photo and video shoots at the properties
- Participate in interior design projects to ensure brand pull-through
- Asset organization and management
- Assist with collateral design projects
- Assist with hotel retail merchandise and design to ensure brand alignment
- Identify and coordinate relevant portfolio-wide brand partnerships and marketing opportunities
- Assess and manage traditional print advertising channel
- Collaborate with property Director of Sales (& Marketing) to develop brand-aligned marketing campaigns and strategies
- Oversee annual marketing plans and material in collaboration with property Directors of Sales (& Marketing)
- Conduct quarterly meetings with property teams to review and strategize marketing efforts
- Assist properties in executing on events, partnerships or other creative marketing strategies to ensure on-brand execution and success.
COMMUNICATIONS AND PUBLIC RELATIONS
- Assist in the ongoing development of press-worthy packages, promotional offerings and events
- Oversee all PR efforts through preferred agencies and/or direct property efforts
- Ensure PR efforts are communicated effectively through all channels (print, voice, digital, etc.)
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by the Hotel from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the Company
Upon employment, all associates are required to fully comply with the Company safety rules and regulations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- 5 – 10 years of experience in branding, communications and/or marketing
- Knowledge of the travel industry, current market trends and economic factors
- Creative experience including digital or physical design
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to project manage and work well with corporate and property teams
- Hospitality background a plus
- Able to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Meets legal age requirements for the position
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) or equivalent; or five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
All associates must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Woodside Hotel Group is an equal employment opportunity employer. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion (including religious dress and grooming), sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity (including gender-related appearance and behavior), partnership status, pregnancy (childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, genetic information, marital status, ethnicity, alienage, citizenship status or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Consistent with the American’s With Disabilities Act, applicants may request accommodation needed to complete the application process. Please contact the People and Culture Department if you have any questions regarding this policy.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-03