Corporate/Internal Communications Manager
Purpose of the position:
The Corporate/Internal Communications Manager is a skilled at producing strategic internal and executive communications campaigns, programs and initiatives. A natural storyteller, you have a knack for shaping the company narrative that engages and recognizes employees and helps to build a shared culture. You create engaging communications deliverables that work across channels – social, email; video script; webcast script, speech, etc.
- Supports the functional execution of internal communications strategy and change management with work that ranges from to one-off communications that are needs based to regular ongoing communication or large-scale campaigns and behavior change.
o HR: initiatives and announcements
o Digital and Tech: Business unit communications
o Legal: policies and compliance
o Corp Comms/Public Affairs: GA and citizenship
o Cross functional routine: quarterly earnings, shareholder meeting
Strategic Communications cross functional; global initiatives to shape and drive the global business strategy
- Create speaking points, speeches & FAQs for company-wide employee communications and key projects that impact employees.
- Serve as a ghost writer for executives and other leaders, providing content across multiple channels.
- Support planning and implementation of Town Halls and other major employee meetings to ensure meeting objectives are achieved.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Works with external partners – creative agencies, production organizations, vendor partners
- Experience thinking through employee behaviors, change management, business priorities; timing, alignment needs.
- Experience creating metrics to measure communication effectiveness, reach, and engagement
- Demonstrated expertise in communication skills including writing, editing, proofreading and presentation.
Yum! Brands, Inc., has over 50,000 restaurants in more than 150 countries and territories, making it a leader in global retail development primarily operating the company’s brands – KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell – global leaders of the chicken, pizza and Mexican-style food categories. The Company’s family of brands also includes The Habit Burger Grill, a fast-casual restaurant concept specializing in made-to-order chargrilled burgers, sandwiches and more. In 2019, Yum! Brands was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index and in 2020, the company ranked among the top 100 Best Corporate Citizens by 3BL Media.
As the world’s largest restaurant company, we have a clear and compelling mission: to build the world’s most loved, trusted, and fastest-growing restaurant brands. The key and not-so-secret ingredient in our recipe for growth is our unrivaled culture and talent, which fuels our results. To that end, we’re looking for talented, motivated, team-oriented Interns to join us and have the opportunity be your best, have fun, make friends, and make a positive impact.
We are excited about the future growth of our brands. In fact, as a company we are opening an average of 8 restaurants a day worldwide! This growth creates endless opportunities for professional, as well as personal growth. Customer sentiment and love for our brands is the fuel for our excitement! Taco Bell has been named one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World by Fast Company. Pizza Hut delivers more pizzas than any other pizza company in the world, KFC’s still uses its 75-year-old finger-lickin’ good recipe, including secret herbs and spices to hand-bread its chicken every day, and the Habit Burger Grill is looking to expand its regional footprint across the country.
Check out some of our great benefits:
• 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays
• 2 paid days off per year to volunteer
• Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
• Onsite dining center (yes, you can eat KFC, Taco Bell or Pizza hut every day!)
• Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, concierge
• Onsite gym with fitness classes and personal trainer sessions
• Tuition reimbursement, education benefits and scholarship opportunities
• Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, wireless plans, etc.)
• Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption assistance program
• 401(k) with a 6% matching contribution from Yum! Brands with immediate vesting
• Comprehensive medical, vision and dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care
• Recognition based culture and unique, fun events year round
• Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Company paid life insurance
• Grow Yourself Week which is devoted to your personal development
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-21