Corporate Marketing & Communications Associate
SmithBucklin, a 100 percent employee-owned association management company, is looking for a Corporate Marketing & Communications Associate to join our team in Chicago. SmithBucklin’s Corporate Marketing team is responsible for presenting the company’s brand, messaging, and communications to both external and internal audiences. The team works to connect with potential new client organizations about our services, engage with current, and potential employees, interact with the association industry as a whole, and showcase the great and important work that our passionate people do every day to advance the missions of the associations we serve.
What You Will Do
- Support the corporate communications strategy in conjunction with organizational initiatives
- Collaborate with various leaders across the company to disseminate company messages and campaigns to internal and external audiences, including employee health and wellness; diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives; new tools and resources for employees and teams; new business activities; professional development activities; and more
- Plan, edit, write, and proofread content for a variety of company communications, such as all-company emails, staff intranet, newsletters, long-form and short-form articles, reports, announcements, etc., and ensure proper dissemination through various channels to targeted audiences
- Support the development and deployment of engagement strategies to build culture, including coordinating communications for employee events and culture-building activities and finding “fun” opportunities to aid in driving the culture of the organization
- Support leadership on the development, organization, and facilitation of formal and informal presentations including town halls, round tables, etc.
- Develop internal and external marketing collateral from copywriting to production through fulfillment
- Manage and maintain distribution lists, production schedules, and advertising and editorial calendars
- Maintain oversight of and create content for internal visual-based communication channel
- Track and monitor marketing analytics and campaign performance and provide recommendations to improve results as needed
- Support additional projects as assigned
This Role Might Be for You If…
- You exhibit proven writing and editing skills
- You have a strong attention to detail and the ability to juggle multiple deadlines and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- You demonstrate excellent time management and organizational skills
- You have interest in being part of a collaborative team environment that balances individual responsibility with teamwork
- You have a passion for marketing and communications and the impact this function has for nonprofits
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or Liberal Arts (with a strong emphasis on writing and editing)
- 0-1 year of relevant professional experience in a communication, public relations and/or marketing department
- Previous writing and editing experience (writing sample requested)
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Related internship experience is highly preferred
- Familiarity with AP Style
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint))
- Familiarity with HTML and basic knowledge of CMS operation
- Basic understanding and familiarity with marketing analytics, including but not limited to Google Analytics, social media stats, email open and click rates, website visits, etc.
Where Do You Fit?
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a mid- or senior-level professional, working at SmithBucklin will offer you countless opportunities to develop transferrable skills, acquire meaningful knowledge and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, ambitious, multi-talented, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build meaningful, deep and enduring relationships that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. In addition, as a 100 percent employee-owned company, SmithBucklin offers all of our people – regardless of position or compensation – an equal chance to experience the fulfillment and reap the benefits of ownership. As owners, our employees control the destiny of SmithBucklin and are unified in the goal of building a great, enduring company.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At SmithBucklin, Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation based on position.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-26