Corporate Relations Director
Council for a Strong America (CSA) has a great opportunity for a Director, Corporate Relations to join our fast-paced Washington, DC office. Working as a senior member of the Strategic Planning and Development Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission of engaging law enforcement, military, business, faith and sports leaders who promote evidence-based policies and programs that enable kids to be healthy, well-educated and prepared for productive lives. Our guiding vision is to strengthen the nation by promoting solutions that prepare young people to succeed.
In this newly created role, the Director, Corporate Relations is a results-oriented, motivating team leader focused on maximizing funding from dedicated, impactful national corporate leaders while also driving growth of new corporate relationships to achieve CSA’s revenue and mission goals. The successful candidate will lead the corporate relations team in meeting and exceeding revenue goals through development of new funding strategies and relationships and through high-touch stewardship.
The Director, Corporate Relations (DCR) will develop and implement a comprehensive corporate fundraising strategy to engage corporations more fully and to increase philanthropic support CSA by building and strengthening relationships and matching corporate interests with CSA priorities. The DCR will be responsible for supervising a new Foundation Relations team. Reporting to the Vice President for Strategic Planning and Development, this person will work collaboratively with leadership to leverage relationships and maximize corporate giving. In addition, the DCR will manage a portfolio of prospects, working in close partnership with program directors and staff.
- Design, implement and manage a comprehensive program that will strategically align corporate philanthropic interests with CSA’s priorities and initiatives
- Proactively pursue long-term partnerships and relationships within the corporate sector to support CSA’s goals
- Facilitate strategic relationships between senior leaders and corporate giving prospects; determine ways to leverage relationships that key internal or external partners have with corporations
- Develop and manage a select portfolio of prospective and ongoing corporate prospects. Develop solicitation goals, objectives, and strategies
- Work closely with other CSA offices, including Federal Policy, State Policy, Research, Communications, and Finance, to collaborate effectively with external funders and ensure proposals and agreements are fulfilled
- Serve as a resource to staff who wish to engage corporations
- Lead a small team of corporate relations professionals; providing necessary direction, training and mentoring
- Ensure optimal integration/collaboration of CSA stakeholders in developing strategies that encourage multi-faceted partnerships and help meet stakeholder goals
- Ensure that solicitations of and reporting to institutional funders are coordinated appropriately
- Stay informed about current CSA policy initiatives, research, and programs to support the overall giving goals of CSA
- Develop multi-year program planning strategies and provide regular reports on progress towards goals
- BA/BS required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Five years of experience successfully soliciting foundation grants for a nonprofit. Knowledge and skills in fundraising principles, practices and techniques.
- Five or more years of managing and empowering a team.
- Demonstrated experience writing and editing successful proposals, correspondence and compelling case materials.
- Demonstrated successful track record of closing 6 to 8-figure grant contracts and growing existing relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written), including strong presentation and negotiation skills
- High degree of emotional intelligence
- Collaborative mindset and ability to structure mutually beneficial partnerships
· Demonstrated ability to represent mission and nonprofit programs in detail with passion and knowledge
- Experience developing and managing budgets
- Understanding of Moves Management
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships at all levels of an organization
- Detail-oriented with strong time management and organizational skills as well as sound judgment and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multifaceted projects and a capacity to perform well independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Commitment to and passion for CSA’s mission
- Ability to travel roughly 40%, or as required
Learn more here
Council for a Strong America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is seeking a diverse slate of candidates for formal consideration
Job posted: 2020-06-15