Corporate Responsibility, Communications Manager, Vice President
The Corporate Responsibility (CR) department is responsible for helping drive inclusive growth and engaging the communities that the firm serves around the world. Specifically, CR is developing goals, policies and initiatives that align with and support the firm’s business strategies and operational objectives to increase economic opportunity for all where we do business.
The CR department is comprised of Global Philanthropy, Global Government Relations, Community Engagement, Sustainable Finance, the JPMorgan Chase PolicyCenter and the JPMorgan Chase Institute. The department also works closely with the firm’s major lines of business to ensure these efforts are deeply rooted in how the firm does business around the world.
The CR communications team is looking for a public relations and communications professional to join our team CR team and report to the Head of Public Relations for CR, with joint accountability to the Head of Strategic Communications for CR on a project-by-project basis. This person will support integrated communications including public relations and executive communications, such as speechwriting, and support a variety of campaigns and projects to increase awareness of the firm’s contributions to our communities and maximize the value, reach and impact of our efforts around the world.
CR seeks an experienced strategic communications professional who will:
- Develop and execute communication plans for CR and select initiatives across the firm, manage high profile announcements and initiatives, lead media outreach and relationship building, and support development of various messages and materials
- Work closely with key internal and external partners to align communication objectives
- Prepare and staff executives for media interviews and external stakeholder events
- Write executive talking points and speeches for various internal and external events, including investigating and sourcing relevant data and context for inclusion, drafting remarks and building consensus among subject matter experts
- Partner with the firm’s lines of business to amplify CR initiatives and content to help clients, prospective clients and colleagues tell our story
- Source and develop compelling stories for brand campaigns and various reports, including the firm’s Annual Report
- Oversee written and digital content that effectively communicates the firm’s impact on communities, including leading content development and updates for the website
- Support ad hoc communications assignments across Public Relations, Strategic Communications and the Corporate Responsibility department
An ideal candidate must have an interest in corporate responsibility and familiarity with JPMorgan Chase’s work and impact. They must be a self-starter with a strong track record of achievement, and readily accept responsibility and proactively identify opportunities to provide assistance. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates who thrive in a collaborative environment and are interested in being challenged.
- 6-8 years of experience driving innovative communications, public affairs and media relations strategies for corporations, government, campaigns, PR agencies or non-profits
- Experience managing media relations, including issues management and direct interaction with journalists
- Excellent writer with a flexible, conversational tone – from speechwriting to social media
- Strong executive presence and experience doing executive communications
- Excellent project management, organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to be a team player and build effective relationships
- Strategic thinker who can work collaboratively with CR colleagues and other LOB colleagues to maximize the value of the firm’s CR efforts
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; sound judgment and strong collaborative decision-making skills combined
- Commitment to exemplifying the highest standards of integrity and professional excellence
- Experience mentoring junior colleagues a plus
- Role based in Washington, DC
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Job posted: 2020-11-09