Corporate Responsibility, Federal Government Relations- Vice President
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets over $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity.
The Corporate Responsibility (CR) department oversees the development and implementation of the firm’s CR agenda and initiatives by crafting goals, policies, and initiatives that align with the firm’s business strategies and operational objectives and support communities where we do business. CR includes Global Government Relations, Global Philanthropy, Sustainable Finance, the PolicyCenter and the JPMorgan Chase Institute.
Global Government Relations (GGR) is housed within Corporate Responsibility and is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive policy, regulatory and advocacy strategy on behalf of JPMorgan Chase. This includes engaging in balanced advocacy with regulators and policymakers, understanding and providing thought leadership on how policies affect the firm’s clients and economic growth overall, and governing internal coordination among regions and lines of business on global regulatory reform issues.
The Federal Government Relations (FGR) team is part of GGR and monitors legislative activities, analyzes policy and political trends, educates Congressional and Executive Branch public officials on issues of shared interest, collaborates with the firm’s lines of business and clients about emerging issues, and develops, supports and promotes the advancement of public policy priorities impacting the firm and our clients.
JPMorgan Chase is hiring a Vice President to be part of the Federal Government Relations (FGR) Team. The Vice President for Federal Government Relations position is located in Washington, D.C. and reports to the Head of Federal Government Relations.
The Vice President for Federal Government Relations will:
- Assist in managing federal legislative issues on behalf of JPMC and engage policymakers at the highest levels of government
- Engage with senior JPMC executives and key leaders of internal lines of business to understand and advocate on behalf of key business priorities
- Develop and strengthen relationships with key policymakers in the federal legislative and executive branches
- Assist in determining priorities and devise strategies to represent JPMC’s interests in Washington
- Coordinate with industry trade associations to maximize effectiveness
- Build industry coalitions on matters of shared interests
- 10+ years of experience in policy and/or regulatory development and analysis
- Deep understanding of financial services and business issues
- Demonstrated leadership skills, strategic thinking, policy acumen, and strong work ethic
- Proven and effective lobbying outcomes at the federal level
- Exceptional relationships and considerable experience with navigating and understanding federal politics and legislative processes
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communications skills, including both public speaking and the ability to engage with senior executives
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Ability to excel and maintain a positive attitude in a high-performance, fast-paced professional environment, while managing multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Graduate degree or equivalent experience
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Job posted: 2021-07-24