Corporate Responsibility, Government Relations – Executive Director, Global Analysis and Strategy Development
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets over $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity.
The Corporate Responsibility (CR) department oversees the development and implementation of the firm’s CR agenda and initiatives by crafting goals, policies, and initiatives that align with the firm’s business strategies and operational objectives and support communities where we do business. CR includes Global Government Relations, Global Philanthropy, Sustainable Finance, Regulatory Affairs, and the JPMorgan Chase Institute.
Global Government Relations (GGR) is housed within Corporate Responsibility and is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive policy, regulatory and advocacy strategy on behalf of JPMorgan Chase. This includes engaging in balanced advocacy with regulators and policymakers, understanding and providing thought leadership on how policies affect the firm’s clients and economic growth overall, and governing internal coordination among regions and lines of business on global regulatory reform issues.
JPMorgan Chase is hiring an Executive Director to lead analysis and coordination of the Firm’s global strategy on emerging issues or events crossing multiple jurisdictions or lines of business. The position will be part of the Global Government Relations (GGR) Executive Team and be part of the GGR Senior Management team. The ideal candidate will be based in Washington, DC.
The Executive Director of Global Analysis and Strategy Development will be a financial services subject matter expert with a broad policy and political lens. The Executive Director will: leverage subject matter expertise, data and resources from across the department and the firm to identify emerging issues or events; coordinate across the firm and the department to perform real-time analysis; and coordinate enterprise-wide strategies. The role will require close coordination across Global Government Relations teams – Federal Government Relations, International Government Relations, Global Regulatory Affairs and State Government Relations, as well as subject matter experts across Corporate Responsibility, Corporate partners (e.g. Legal and Compliance, Risk Management, Global Security, Human Resources), Lines of Business (e.g., Corporate & Investment Bank, Asset & Wealth Management), and Communications, among others.
The main areas of responsibility for the role include:
- Identify emerging issues or events with potential impacts on JPMorgan Chase as a corporate entity and through our Lines of Business;
- Convene and coordinate networks of internal partners to assess potential impacts to the firm;
- Convene and coordinate networks of internal partners across Global Government Relations and the firm to develop analysis, positions and strategies;
- Drive and track progress against strategic goals;
- Provide regular updates to senior management about emerging issues, events or trends and corresponding strategy and progress;
- Coordinate across Corporate Responsibility and the firm to ensure alignment of external-facing analyses of emerging issues;
- Develop and sustain relationships with a universe of internal stakeholders
The ideal candidate will have:
- 10+ years of experience in policy and/or regulatory development and analysis, ideally focused on banking and financial services
- Demonstrated analytical and independent problem-solving skills; ability to exercise sound, independent judgment and drive collaborative decision-making
- A strategic mindset
- Strong organizational skills and project management experience
- Excellent writing, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to distill and present complex information plainly and succinctly
- Experience presenting to and communicating with senior management and public officials;
- Excellent relationship-building skills;
- Self-starter with proactive approach, excellent time management and prioritization skills;
- Ability to excel and maintain a positive attitude in a high-performance, fast-paced professional environment, while managing multiple projects under tight deadlines
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Job posted: 2021-04-08